Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

07 Vortec Max Electrical issues

Old October 31st, 2011, 8:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Vortec Max Electrical issues

New to the forum and I have a question.
My 07 Vortec Max is having intermittent problems. The lights on the radio will go bright/dim a few times then the service air bag warning comes on. It will do this one or two times then the whole instrument cluster will shut off. It only lasts a few seconds and then every warning possible comes in one after the other. The dealer found 30 codes when i had it checked but nothing that would explain the problem. Any ideas would be helpfull.
Old November 4th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Benjie,
If you would like to send me your contact information (name, address, phone number, email address) along with your VIN, mileage and name of the dealership that you had check out the vehicle I will research this for you.
Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old November 4th, 2011, 12:22 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Sounds like body control module, can list some of the codes?
Old November 4th, 2011, 10:43 PM
CF Beginner

I went back to the dealer on Wednesday and they retrieved 39 codes out of the thing. I didn't get a list from them since they couldn't tell what was starting the problem. They are leaning towards a data cable problem due to the fact the truck still runs and drives without issue and a comm loss was a fairly common issue in the codes. I will call them on Monday and see if they can send me a list of the codes. They checked the data cable listed as a common problem and mine was fine. Next they want to start pulling the interior apart to find the cause. Funny thing is since they checked it Wednesday it hasn't acted up once.
Old November 5th, 2011, 7:31 AM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

I'd say they my have a software issue. Could be a com link, however there is a code for comm loss.
Old November 21st, 2011, 6:51 PM
CF Beginner

So the truck behaved perfectly for a week then started its tricks again. This time it so bad the truck wont start and if it does start the gauges don't work, no radio, no power to the doors or mirrors, no power seats, but the heater works. I tried checking all the battery connections and fuse block. They all checked out fine. I am trying to find a way to get it towed to the dealer but I only have a $100 towing and the dealer is 60 miles away. Wonder what they will say about it this time.
Old November 21st, 2011, 7:25 PM
CF Beginner

time to buy a ford lol
Old November 22nd, 2011, 12:09 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I'm sorry to hear you are continuing to have issues with your vehicle. Please keep us posted when you get your vehicle back.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 24th, 2011, 11:01 AM
CF Beginner

So I finally got the truck to start yesterday. Drove it to the dealer, 60 miles with no gauges was really fun after the state policeman got behind me. When they checked there was no communication across the board. Now they get the fun of trying to find the cause. I post the results when they figure it out.
Old December 1st, 2011, 9:47 PM
CF Beginner

So 5 days later the dealer thinks they found the problem. The remote door lock receiver was shorting out the data bus on the truck. A $100 part and $700 in labor to find and fix the problem. And it gets better. The CNA service contract doesn't cover that part, it covers everything else on the whole truck but the key less entry and remote start, simply amazing. I will say Five Star Dealerships in Aberdeen WA, are a standup straight forward group of people that I will gladly return to when i need service or want to purchase another vehicle. They covered the cost with the help of GM and only charged me the normal deductible i would have had to pay anyway.