Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Front End Vibration/Clunk

Search this Thread

Old February 13th, 2012, 1:17 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front End Vibration/Clunk

Hey Guys,

I just bought this truck a week ago and when I took it in for the saftey the guy gave me a small list of things I need to fix the left upper ball joint being one of them. He said all of them look brand new other then that one, I changed it and borrowed the compressing tool from work. Now when I drive it, only when I am speeding up, slowing down, or turning does it make the clunk/ vibration. the guys at work are telling me it could be a number of things. They said the balljoint could of be a defective one, the wheel bearing could be ****ed,etc. Althought the guy did tell me that the right side wheel bearing was ****ed and I changed that while i had the fron up on jack stands. I would like to take care of this clunk/ vibration before I take it back to him. I am going to pull the wheel back off tonight on the side and check that every thing is fine and there is no extra play in the tie rods or balljoints, or even the drive shaft for that matter.

Thanks
RitualJman