Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Front speakers and rear Speakers

Search this Thread

Old April 15th, 2008, 11:41 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front speakers and rear Speakers

Alright I have a ? now. I have noticed that I have a spot for 2 speakers in the front doors and only one set of speakers. what was the reasoning behind this? is there supposed to be an upgraded stereo system that offers 4 speakers in the front doors? How do you remove the inner door panel to get to the speaker areaon thefront and rear ext cabdoors. I would like to upgrade the stereo and add another set of speakers to the front and replace the rears. Thanks for the help in advance. Garrett
Old May 7th, 2008, 10:46 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Front speakers and rear Speakers

does your truck already have the sep. tweeter for the front door's or is there only a single speeker. i've put a system in mine and i have the same truck as you. in total i have the two in the back doors and each front door has two one just being the tweeter.any ?'s i'll try to help.
Old May 9th, 2008, 1:35 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Front speakers and rear Speakers

the front speakers are 6.75 and the back 4x6. the front was meant to house a speaker and a tweeter. MTX makes or made a good component replacement. or you can get a smaller 6.5 for the front as long as it comes with the plate. taking off the panels are very easy. a few screws, disconnet wires for power locks and windows and pull up and out...