Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Garage Door Opener

Search this Thread

Old March 6th, 2012, 2:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Garage Door Opener

Last week I purchased a 2012 Silverado 3500HD that is about as loaded as a truck can get. It does have a universal garage door opener but I can't seem to get it to work. There is a tole free number to call if you have problems so I called it. When talking to the lady ,from learcar2u, on the other end she informed me that the garage door opener will not work with "Martin" garage doors unless I buy another device to attach to the opener. Great!!! Pay $60,000.00 + for a truck and it won't even open the garage door with the equipment provided from GM. My previous Ford worked fine and there was no problems with it!! Doing an internet search I find that this has been an ongoing problem for many years but there is nothing in any of the owners manuals about such. On the bluetooth it does mention that some of the phones on the market will not work with their units but there is no such statement about the garage openers.
Just thought people ought to know
Jim
Old March 6th, 2012, 9:20 PM
CF Active Member

What kind of a nut are you, you think every garage door should work with a universal remote? Not, to mention I've never heard of a Maritin! Oh, wow you paid 60,000 dollars and it should do everything. Get a clue, money doesn't buy you love.
Old March 7th, 2012, 8:48 AM
CF Beginner

I have an inexpensive "Genie" screw drive opener installed 14 years ago and the most difficult part of programming the universal remote was opening the front cover of the drive unit so I could push the "learn" button.
Old March 7th, 2012, 10:21 PM
CF Junior Member

Hey Sparky,

See if there in anyhing on this website that an help you.

Garage Door and Opener Manuals
Old November 14th, 2012, 3:04 AM
CF Beginner

Default Garage Door Opener

Garage door opener is simplest kit to use and automatic. After all, garage door openers are essential to the security of your house.
Old November 28th, 2012, 9:21 AM
CF Active Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sparky_WY
LOn the bluetooth it does mention that some of the phones on the market will not work with their units
Every company that sells Bluetooth devices puts that same disclaimer. Just in case there is one device out there that won't work.