Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by: Bakliner

Welcome to Chevrolet forum!
Welcome to Chevrolet forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Chevrolet forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2007, 01:55 AM

Default Gurgling or boiling sound under dash?

I recently made a 2000+ mile trip in my Silverado and at the end of the trip I noticed that upon acceleration from a stop their is a 'gurgling' sound or the sound boiling water makes coming from the passenger side under the dash. The sound disappears when I reach cruzing speed. Anyone had this happen or any suggestions of what this could be?

Obviously its coolant making the noise, but could there be a problem in the heater core? One person I talk to said it could be the temp valve is stuck and there is an air gap and the sound is the coolant rushing through the valve to fill the gap. Does this sound right? If so what’s the fix?
Thanks in advance,
Mike
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 01-11-2007, 07:47 PM
CF Pro Member

Default RE: Gurgling or boiling sound under dash?

Did you have any work done to the cooling system ? Sounds like air trapped in the system.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:20 AM

Even if the valve was stuck you shouldn't have any air in the heater core, but that is what it sounds like to me. Or it may just be the water pump speeding up and pushing the coolant thru. You may want to look at it a little more closely to make sure it dosen't have a small crack. That could pull air into the system.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:17 PM

I have just recently started having the same problem in my 2001 s10 manual 4.3 blazer. I also noticed that my oil pressure was rising pretty as the gurgling sound occurred. I dont really have any experience fixing automobiles so any help would be nice. Where should I check to see if there is a crack.

Have you been able to fix this problem?
Old 09-25-2007, 09:32 PM
CF Beginner

Is your low coolant light on? Mine started doing the same exact thing (02 2500HD) and it drove me nuts. I took it in and they replaced the low coolant sensor (and the bottle) and changed the coolant. They said "it" was leaking and shorted out the sensor. Maybe allowing air to get in there I guess. But no more problems now. Should've just bought the bottle and done it myself but they were replacing a loose catalytic converter (warranty!) at the same time.
Good luck.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:32 AM
CF Pro Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: dsullins85

I also noticed that my oil pressure was rising pretty as the gurgling sound occurred.
Oil pressure ??? or Temperature ???
Old 11-12-2007, 08:47 PM

I drive a 2001Silverado and just started hearing this noise as well. Did you ever find out what the problem was?
Old 11-12-2007, 08:47 PM

Tags
2000, chevy, coolant, core, dash, gurgle, gurgling, heater, makes, noise, pump, s10, silverado, sound, tahoe, truck, water