Having problem getting to o2 sensor connector - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Having problem getting to o2 sensor connector

CF Beginner

December 15th, 2012, 2:28 PM   #1  
Having problem getting to o2 sensor connector

HI Everyone,

I have a 2004 silverado with the 5.3 liter engine, It has 4 wheel drive and standard cab.

My problem is I am trying to change out the pre catalytic converter o2 sensors. The driver's side is giving me problems. I see the driver side sensor is in plain view but the connector is tucked up above the transmission. The drive shaft is in the way. I can only get one hand up there and I am am wondering how you were able to disconnect the old sensor plug and reconnect the new sensor plug? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Super Moderator

Highlands

December 15th, 2012, 8:08 PM   #2  
Just pull read hard. It's just a push pin that holds it in. A real pain to get to. The new sensor has the push pin already on it so the old one will need to come out anyways

CF Beginner

December 16th, 2012, 4:31 PM   #3  
Thanks for responding. I was able to remove the plug from the frame but I still cant get more than one hand up there to disconnect the plug?

CF Addict

December 16th, 2012, 4:36 PM   #4  
I've never replaced one. My experieance with electrical connectors has been a push in, pull out with a latch. Can you feel a latch from the plug to the sensor? If so, you need to pop it it off the sensor, then pull the connector apart.

CF Beginner

December 18th, 2012, 2:15 PM   #5  
I just wish ther was enough slack to pull it down past the driveshaft so I can get both hands on it. My other option is to disconnect the driveshaft but I am worried I amopening a can of worms with all the rust on the driveshaft.

Tags
Search this Thread
Sponsors