Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by: Bakliner

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2012, 02:28 PM
CF Beginner

Default Having problem getting to o2 sensor connector

HI Everyone,

I have a 2004 silverado with the 5.3 liter engine, It has 4 wheel drive and standard cab.

My problem is I am trying to change out the pre catalytic converter o2 sensors. The driver's side is giving me problems. I see the driver side sensor is in plain view but the connector is tucked up above the transmission. The drive shaft is in the way. I can only get one hand up there and I am am wondering how you were able to disconnect the old sensor plug and reconnect the new sensor plug? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 12-15-2012, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator

Just pull read hard. It's just a push pin that holds it in. A real pain to get to. The new sensor has the push pin already on it so the old one will need to come out anyways
Old 12-16-2012, 04:31 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for responding. I was able to remove the plug from the frame but I still cant get more than one hand up there to disconnect the plug?
Old 12-16-2012, 04:36 PM
CF Addict

not anymore Kevin Koloff

I've never replaced one. My experieance with electrical connectors has been a push in, pull out with a latch. Can you feel a latch from the plug to the sensor? If so, you need to pop it it off the sensor, then pull the connector apart.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:15 PM
CF Beginner

I just wish ther was enough slack to pull it down past the driveshaft so I can get both hands on it. My other option is to disconnect the driveshaft but I am worried I amopening a can of worms with all the rust on the driveshaft.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:15 PM

Tags
02, 53, chevy, conector, connector, disconnecting, electrical, gm, o2, oxegen, plug, problem, problems, senor, sensor, trouble