Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:14 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Heated Seats Question

Search this Thread

Old October 12th, 2012, 7:49 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated Seats Question

I recently bought a 2012 Silverado LT extended cab that came with the leather seating but did not come with the heated seats. I would like to add that option. I talked to the dealer about adding it before I made my deal and I could not get them to add them for me since they already put me in a bedliner and since it was chevy truck month with all of the rebates. Has anyone ever added the heated seats to these trucks? if so, what all was involved? was it hard to do? I found a factory oem kit on ebay but was unsure if it would work on my truck and i didnt know where to install the switch. any input would be appreciated. thanks. link is below.

2007-2012 Heated Seat Kit for Chevrolet Silverado or GMC Sierra 17803282 | eBay
Old October 13th, 2012, 3:09 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by dgriffith
I recently bought a 2012 Silverado LT extended cab that came with the leather seating but did not come with the heated seats. I would like to add that option. I talked to the dealer about adding it before I made my deal and I could not get them to add them for me since they already put me in a bedliner and since it was chevy truck month with all of the rebates. Has anyone ever added the heated seats to these trucks? if so, what all was involved? was it hard to do? I found a factory oem kit on ebay but was unsure if it would work on my truck and i didnt know where to install the switch. any input would be appreciated. thanks. link is below.

2007-2012 Heated Seat Kit for Chevrolet Silverado or GMC Sierra 17803282 | eBay
I have the leather with heated seats.
I don't use the seat part, but do enjoy the back rest being heated.
The controls for mine are on the door panel.
It has 3 settings.
Low is good for me.
You will more than likely have to go to a wrecking yard to find seats with a heater already installed. And possible a new door panel for the controls.
Lee
Old October 13th, 2012, 7:27 PM
CF Junior Member

Thanks for the reply..it sounds to me like you have the ltz silverado. I know those heated controls are on the door I used to have an 2007 ltz but I traded it because the sunroof always leaked and they never could fix it right.
Old October 14th, 2012, 6:30 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

the non-factory installed, oem seat heater kit switches are installed where the dash storage bin is located. The pocket below the dash vent.
Old October 14th, 2012, 11:29 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by tech2
the non-factory installed, oem seat heater kit switches are installed where the dash storage bin is located. The pocket below the dash vent.
Thanks for the reply tech2. I wonder how hard these are to install? You wouldn't happen to have a pic of the switches installed would you? This is the only option that my LT doesn't have that I really want, I like the interior style better in the lt than the ltz plus it's a lot cheaper
Old October 15th, 2012, 5:46 AM
Super Moderator

Don't know your skill level but its probably not something for a beginner. The seat upholestery has to come off. Wires and modules routed and mounted correctly under the seat and through the sill plate.

GM OEM kits do come with easy to follow instructions and you can be sure everything will fit correctly. Aftermarket, not so much.
Old October 19th, 2012, 9:43 AM
CF Junior Member

the GM Dealer wants $465 for the heating kit and $300 labor to install the factory module. They said the wiring was already in place and it was plug and play. I would rather have the factory heated seats than an aftermarket. Does anybody have any pics they could post of the factory GM heated seats in an LT not an LTZ. I wanted to see a pic of the switch on the dash. Also, if anybody has any nice aftermarket pics I would like to see those as well. Any instructions would really help too. Its getting pretty cold here in KY lately and I need my wife's butt to stay warm so she will be happy. It gives me brownie points.
Old October 20th, 2012, 1:21 PM
Super Moderator

the wiring is not there; its part of the kit. Everything will plug in nicely as it is oem designed for the vehicle. It is basically a stand alone system. I have seen and read the installation instructions.

Last edited by tech2; October 20th, 2012 at 1:25 PM.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 12:30 PM
CF Junior Member

i ordered the OEM heat seater kit..its supposed to be in this friday..i will install this weekend..hope everybody wishes me luck on this project..hope it all goes well and works properly..i will post pics and installation help for those that plan on doing this. thanks.
Old October 25th, 2012, 5:58 PM
CF Junior Member

I posted 2 videos to YouTube. I'm doing the installation tomorrow. If anybody wants to see the heated seat kit check out the videos. More videos to follow. Feel free to contact me for pointers or help if you plan on doing this in your silverado.

Quick Reply: Heated Seats Question