Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by: Bakliner

Welcome to Chevrolet forum!
Welcome to Chevrolet forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Chevrolet forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2006, 07:26 PM

Default Heater blower only works on High? 2003 HD

My borther-in-law has a 2003 3/4 ton Silverado and he's telling me the heater blower motor only works on high, no other speeds. Anyone have any ideas?
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 11-11-2006, 10:22 PM

Default RE: Heater blower only works on High? 2003 HD

I had same thing on a '95. I had to replace the entire heater/ac control unit since you can't replace just the fan switch individually. Not cheap.

ChevyBlues
Old 11-12-2006, 03:13 AM

save your $ 02Lightning, and check the relay & hi-low speed controller on the heater box. when it only blows on 'high' it usually means the speed controller is gone. this is the one that goes into the heater box assm. @ the top, and has 3 different sized coils on the back side of it. i'm not saying the heater/AC control is not the problem, but this is going to be alot cheaper to replace. i used to have the values for the resistance of each coil to check if it was bad, but i can't seem to find it. before u replace the speed controller though, try tapping on the relay, which is usually mounted 2 the side/front of the heater box. if this doesn't change the speeds @ which it will operate, then go onto the speed controller. see how this works out 4 u.[sm=signs003.gif]
Old 11-23-2006, 01:21 PM

check your blower motor resistor it happend in my 1995 chevy 2500 what happens is the fuse blows but there is a bypass on the resistor to allow for you to still have heat. It will be located near your blower motor look in a chilton manual or just look online to see what it looks like though it probably faces down inside a compartment so I cant really explain what to look for. Its a $10 fix not bad at all
Old 11-23-2006, 01:21 PM

Tags
03, 2003, blower, blows, change, chevy, control, fan, heater, hhr, high, motor, runs, silverado, trailblazer, unit