Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old July 28th, 2015, 2:54 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

heater control problems

Search this Thread

Old August 16th, 2014, 1:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ac problem

I have a 07 silverado and i blows hot air from the driver side and cold air from the passenger side. Control flap actuators work. Any body have an idea what the issue is
Old August 16th, 2014, 1:39 PM
CF Beginner

My 07 silverado is blowing hot air from the driver side and cold air from the passenger side. Flap door actuators work. Does any have any idea what might be the issue
Old August 17th, 2014, 4:19 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey there cisco78,

Are you continuing to experience an issue with your Silverado? As a customer service representative, I'm not able to provide much in the way of do-it-yourself information, but I would be happy to look into this concern for you. Feel free to private message us anytime if you have any lingering questions or concerns.

Jennifer T.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old December 25th, 2014, 7:43 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mbfc21
I dug intomy heater problem this weekend, and found the problem to be a bad heater actuatorGM #52474810.Once I pulled the actuator out, I did a quick search on the part number, and foundmanyother people with the same problem. The fix has been documented many times, and here is one link that pretty much sums it all up! I hope this helps! Fairly easy fix, just one difficult screw to get out. You'll want to have a deep wall 7mm socket for this.</P>

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/...d.php?t=155993</P>
The link is no longer good. Anyone have an updated link for swapping out the actuator?
Old January 21st, 2015, 7:47 AM
CF Beginner

I have a 2000 silvorado 4.8 when i'm driving with my heater on it just turns to cold air and i have no control on my heater control nothing works it just blows cold air until i turn the ignition off and restart the truck again and everything goes back to normal does anybody knows whats going on. THANKS
Old July 2nd, 2017, 9:27 AM
CF Beginner

Default Heater control issues

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hey there cisco78,

Are you continuing to experience an issue with your Silverado? As a customer service representative, I'm not able to provide much in the way of do-it-yourself information, but I would be happy to look into this concern for you. Feel free to private message us anytime if you have any lingering questions or concerns.

Jennifer T.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Hello, I am having the same trouble with my heater. It will be working, then it clicks and all of the lights come on and it becomes noon functional. The only thing that correct it is to shut off the truck. Once restarted it starts working correctly again until the next time it does it. Also, the fan will now at on sites when on 5 and then all of a sudden the speed increased dramatically. Later it will again bike slower. I changed out the control unit but it still does the same thing. Any ideas?

Ken
Kenneth.mcdonnell@hotmail.com
​​​​​