Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

help please: k3500 dually

Search this Thread

Old February 26th, 2012, 11:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help please: k3500 dually

I used to drive 2001 explorer Eddie Bauer that got luxury features, such like digital screen that tells the fuel level and tell how many miles left to empty the tank, MPG, oil level, etc. So I traded this to 1994 k3500 crewcab dually 7.4l its got all luxuries too but there one thing I want to install, the fuel level gauge that tell me how many miles left to go, yah yah. I coudnt find a specific name for this thing nor find anything on Google, ebay. Anyone know about this or has one?

Another question, is it common that Chevy truck have problems with cruise control? Mine don't work, don't know if its wiring that not connected or need replace new or just leave it? I ll do a lot traveling thou.

This truck get sightly BETTER MPG than explorer. Loving it. But was wonder if there another way to make much better fuelecomony? New spark plug? I replaced the old filter to k&n filter. That step one. But want do more. Fuel filter, fuel injector?

Oh I forgot to mention, I just accidently backed into car last night. I was stopping at red light but I forgot something so i need go left turn so I looked in rear mirror and both side mirror and even looking at the back. Its was at night time. Saw no light, nothing. So i thought it safe to go back and make a turn but suddenly I felt hit something. Oh $hit. I came out and front ended 2004 grand am. My rear look fine. My truck are 3in lifted and has dually. The car was behind me kinda close so I couldn't see anything behind me. So its came to me I NEED rear camera to check if nothing behind me again. I found some stuff for that on ebay for cheap but are they good? Nightverison, 7 color wide angle camera is good? And a LCD screen. $50 for all of that. Well worth it? What your opinion?