Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help with knowledge

Search this Thread

Old February 18th, 2011, 5:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with knowledge

I have a 01' silverado it has the passlock 2 and onstar , but lost battery connection due to bad ground problems been fixed but its just cranking and shutting off, ive did the re-learn procedure for a week and nothing is working just a waste of 30 min. at a time , ive put a pentiometer in between the yellow and orange-black wire under the steering colum that i set to 2k ohms thats what my meter read when i had it in park and drive but it wasnt running so i hope that dont matter cause it wont run for more than a sec. . Everytime i do the relearn procedure the security light just keeps blinking ive used stop watches for accuracy witch im not sure is important are not.
the procedure i find online all vary a little some say wait 10 seconds in between on and off some say 5 sec. ive tried them all is there some thing else that could be the problem i need steered in the right direction.
thanks joe
Old February 20th, 2011, 1:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just got a scanner and got no problem codes ive been trying the 10 min. reset but the security light never stops flashing are stays lit ive waited 12 min jsut watching it the whole time now its charging again any suggestions....