Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 4th, 2015, 3:36 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

how to remove a stuck cd?

Search this Thread

Old January 25th, 2012, 1:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to remove a stuck cd?

My '08 silverado's has a small prob....

Anyone know how to remove a cd stuck in the radio? When I press the eject button I can hear it try to come out but it does not. It then flashes a message to check cd. The cd plays just fine..but will not come out.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old January 25th, 2012, 8:13 AM
CF Beginner

You can try sliding another CD in the slot while pushing the eject button. Try to get the second CD to pry the stuck on up slightly.
This video demonstrates it better than my explanation: Remove CD from Honda Element SIngle CD Player - YouTube
Old January 25th, 2012, 3:28 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> zif33rsZ71,

I would suggest you take your vehicle in to be inspected by a certified technician. There may be a broken or altered mechanism inside; you don't want to make it worse.

Keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 26th, 2012, 11:40 AM
CF Beginner

Success !

After several failed attempts at just mashing the eject button I decided on a more ...aggressive approach. I whipped out my trusty Gerber lock blade and teased the cd out while pushing the eject button. I didnt use any force pulling or prying. Just gently lifted the edge of the cd up and down. It took 4 pushes of the eject button to get the right angle but its out and is working correctly now.

Zif
Old May 21st, 2012, 11:05 PM
CF Beginner

Just bonk the dash above the radio. The cds will eject. I have the same unit.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 4:24 AM
CF Beginner

Hahahahaha. I use to have to do this for a older vehicle. Once I figured it out I always fonzed it and said "Ayyyyyeeee" afterwards.
Old August 28th, 2012, 5:24 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs up made my day!

So i read your post and walked out side and started up my truck i pressed eject... waited a few seconds.... pressed eject again and then bonked the dashboard gently and the cd came sliding out.... haha this was my face. thanks for the post.
Old August 28th, 2012, 6:10 PM
CF Active Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dustin Finley
So i read your post and walked out side and started up my truck i pressed eject... waited a few seconds.... pressed eject again and then bonked the dashboard gently and the cd came sliding out.... haha this was my face. thanks for the post.

If you had said "Ayyyyyeeee" then it would have worked the first time.
Old August 29th, 2012, 10:47 AM
CF Beginner

I crack up every time I have to bonk my radio. Oh well, it got me to using the MP3 instead.
Old November 24th, 2012, 12:39 PM
CF Beginner

Default CD Stuck

I don't know why GM trucks don't like to eject CDs but my 2005 does it too.
My CD player is no longer used. I did see someplace that there is a software change to correct this issue, but don't know anything else about it.

I was able to finally get the stuck one out. (Mine was stuck partially ejected.) I took another CD and put a small piece of double sided carpet tape on it near the outer edge. I was then able to slide this cd slightly under the outer edge of the disc stuck in the player. The tape stuck the two CDs together and I was able to get it out without damaging anything.

Maybe this tip will help someone else out...

Quick Reply: how to remove a stuck cd?