Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

i have a question

Search this Thread

Old August 5th, 2012, 4:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation i have a question

hey guys, im new here, but i need to ask a quick question. i have an 03 silverado 1500 with a magnaflow 1 in 2 out muffler. i have had the magnaflow for 3 months, and i am not sure i like it much. the muffler produces a real deep rumble out of my 5 inch tips, although it is not as loud as i would like it. i am wondering if i took the muffler out, and replaced it with a y pipe, how loud would my chevy be? any ideas? would it sound nice? i had a pro install the muffler so it is welded. how can i take it out? could i heat up the welds and knock out the muffler?

please share your input. if anyone wants their truck to have a nice deep and clean sound, go with the magnaflow 1 in 2 out. its just not for me because i want my pickup louder.

i willl also be selling my muffler so you can make offers
Old August 5th, 2012, 9:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you take out the muffler it's gonna have quite a bit of pop and cackle at high rpm's but it'll be loud for sure. Just cut your old one out and weld in a y-pipe to existing pipes
Old August 5th, 2012, 10:40 PM
CF Beginner

just finished. i cut the magnaflow out and replaced it with a y pipe. its loud and has alot of crackle, especially with no glass packs. not as loud as true duals tho.
Old August 6th, 2012, 5:36 PM
CF Active Member

Don't be so quick to sell that magna flo just yet. Give them straight pipes a little time and you might find all the noise annoying. There's bound to be an awful resonance from take off through about 55-60 mph.
Old August 6th, 2012, 7:45 PM
CF Beginner

ya i got strait pipes on my 89 silverado. mine is rlly annoying at about 2000 rpms but otherwise i love the sound