Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

I need ideas for Silverado accessories.

Old June 14th, 2012, 11:22 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need ideas for Silverado accessories.

Hey guys. I just recently bought a 2005 Silverado Z71. I am looking to get some ideas on what accessories to add to it. I am not looking to spend tens of thousands of dollars on something, but owuld like to add something to it. So shoot some ideas my way.

I have been thinking about a brush gaurd, so what brands/types have you had luck with or like?
Old June 14th, 2012, 1:27 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> redsfan21,

Congratulations on your new Silverado! Check out the GM Parts Direct website (GM Parts Direct: Your direct source for Genuine GM Parts) for a wide variety of Silverado accessories including: audio & video, bed products, cargo management, electronics, exterior, interior, performance, trailering and wheels.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old June 15th, 2012, 1:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

don't go overboard with the accessories. A clean truck doesn't have crap all over it. I'd do just a billet grille, paint the emblem/bumper cap/ what ever else you want painted, tint the windows, get some escalade handles, and take off the badging. That is my opinion of a clean truck, but it's not the same for everyone
Old June 15th, 2012, 2:34 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

What are you going to do with it? That would determine accessories, and priorities with what/when you add. You are posting about a brush guard, that to me says country or ranch work ect. If thats the case, go with stuff that works with its enviroment.
Old June 16th, 2012, 11:02 PM
CF Beginner

Running boards/step bars, vent visors to keep windows open and the rain out, tonneau cover, tint, custom tail lights, cold air kit, cat back exhaust, rims
etc. that's a small list. There is lots more that can be done.

Rev500ss
Old June 17th, 2012, 3:48 PM
CF Junior Member

Rain guards for the windows and a bug deflector and maybe fender flares. Not to much but takes the plain truck look away
Old June 18th, 2012, 7:46 AM
Former Sponsor

From someone that sells accessories, let me tell you that you do not want to go overboard with the accessories that you place on your truck. The list that Rev500ss made is good enough. Most of those items come in handy like the vent visors, step bars and tonneau cover, also a bedliner if you were interested. If your interested in more info on brands and products just let me know.
Old June 18th, 2012, 10:52 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks every one for the replies. I agree with you all that I do not want to go over board with it, but I did want to do something to make it stand out just a little bit. Since I bought the truck, I added the black bow tie to the front. The things the truck came with include: spray in bed liner, nerf bars, rain guards for the windows, bug deflector, and has tinted windows. I won't be doing a lot of work with the truck. It mostly will be my hunting truck. My every day truck will be something else, so I was just brain storming ideas to "baby" the Silverado.

Thanks again!!!
Old June 18th, 2012, 6:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Hi redsfan21,

If you get in the market for a bed cover, keep us in mind. You're entitled to one of our $29 accessories for free for being a member here.

You can start your research here.

Feel free to call us if you have questions. 877-473-7246.
Old June 18th, 2012, 8:07 PM
CF Beginner

You may want to add a Volant air intake system and an exhaust.