Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Instructions On How To Change Radiator Support 1995 C1500

Search this Thread

Old July 28th, 2013, 4:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Instructions On How To Change Radiator Support 1995 C1500

My 1995 C1500 has a bent Radiator Support, I ordered a new one, I need instructions on changing it out or a place I can find instructions.
Old July 28th, 2013, 6:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

I don't have specific information but generally rad supports are either welded in place or bolted in place.

if yours is welded in place you will have to drill out the spots welds and weld the new section in.

How bad is it? Can you hammer it straight?
Old July 28th, 2013, 6:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tech2
I don't have specific information but generally rad supports are either welded in place or bolted in place.

if yours is welded in place you will have to drill out the spots welds and weld the new section in.

How bad is it? Can you hammer it straight?
I don't think so, The Top is pushed back, and the center is bent inward. I am looking down the sides as far as I can see it is bolted, just wondering if there are some welds hiding someplace.
Old July 29th, 2013, 6:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are talking about the whole core support, it is all bolts. One of your issues will be the condenser if you have AC. Mine were Frozen and I cut and replaced whole AC system. There are a few bolts in hard to reach areas on lower corners. I have a diesel so had to move more stuff than you. The batteries, window washer fluid can, bumper, trans cooler ,PS cooler, shroud,fan, headlight wiring ect all need to get out of way, take lots of pictures so you know locations and write down order of removal. I left some of the plumbing intact ps cooler and AT cooler and snaked it through holes in support. Not a hard job, just lots of stuff to R and R. If you need reference pics go to GMT400 forum and look at thread just another oil burner thread for pics on his rebuild. He took better relevant pics of this. I have some pics as well, PM email address if you need them. Your 1500 should be less work if a gasser. Good luck and hope this helps.