Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 10:03 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

instrument cluster problem

Old March 1st, 2017, 9:31 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGROBCHEVYMAN
I know this an old forum but I had the same problem with my 03 Silverado and my issue was the harness that plugs into the cluster was worn at the pin inserts the wires just wiggles around in there replaced that and BAM got my gauges back up and running no issues since !! Hope this helps man
Any info is good info. :-)
Old August 1st, 2017, 5:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just joined the forum to elaborate on what I found on my Silverado doing the dash dance. everything would flash on and off but the truck kept running, abs lite come on , airbag light, ect then went off , on and off. I found that the wire harness between the top of the trans bellhousing had a wire that was bare. fixed it , all problems gone, apparently a previous repair of the transmission may have pinched and barred a wire in the loom.
Old August 2nd, 2017, 3:48 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by barnstormerjack
Just joined the forum to elaborate on what I found on my Silverado doing the dash dance. everything would flash on and off but the truck kept running, abs lite come on , airbag light, ect then went off , on and off. I found that the wire harness between the top of the trans bellhousing had a wire that was bare. fixed it , all problems gone, apparently a previous repair of the transmission may have pinched and barred a wire in the loom.
cool. thank u. good to know!
Old September 2nd, 2017, 2:27 PM
CF Beginner

Instrument cluster on 2003 Astro Van went out because the tail light fuse was blown, I don't know why, how or what but kept blowing the same fuse #11 I think about 20 fuses latter, replace every bulb twice ( tail light turn signal running lights) not the head lights, seen or read something on youtube about lifting the emergency brake pedal, pulling the lever and raising it as far as it can go. The thinking on this is the pedal is slightly pressed but not enough to set the brake light but enough to short out the fuse.No problem with the instrument cluster not lighting or tail light issue. I also replaced the head light switch with the no improvement. I'm still amazed that the emergency brake pedal would cause this, I also heard somewhere that when the instrument cluster goes out that this is an indicator safety feature that lets you know the tail lights are not working. I hope this gives you some more understanding of the instrument cluster and related light problems
Old July 4th, 2022, 1:26 PM
CF Beginner

Did you ever get this fixed? I'm have exact same problem . I turn my key and odometer works my gas gauge doesn't move at all and my temp gauge doesn't move ethier .