Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Intermittent brake lights when tilting wheel

Search this Thread

Old September 21st, 2012, 10:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermittent brake lights when tilting wheel

94 K1500 Blazer, I posted under fullsize trucks since it looked like there is more activity here than the Blazer section. My brake lights are intermittent when using the tilt wheel. I figured it was the wiring harness from the bottom of the column up to the signal switch so I got a new signal switch and fed the wires down thru the column and re inserted them into the connector and plugged the connector in to the wiring harness under the dash. Its still got an intermittent problem with the brake lights not working when tilted all the way down. The upper brake light works so I am sure it isn't the brake light switch and I also took it out and took it apart and cleaned the contacts and verified operation with an ohm meter. Kinda stumped unless I pinched a wire when installing the new switch but they all seemed to move freely in the column before I put it all back together. Is there something else I should be looking for?
Old September 22nd, 2012, 11:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update: It is the other side of the connector down on the steering column, apparantly after all those years of tilting the column the wires push a little each time and it loosened the receptacle side of the connector.