Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Jess Houston Lowery

Search this Thread

Old August 18th, 2013, 9:29 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Jess Houston Lowery

I have replaced my 5.7 L motor with another 5.7 L motor that came out of a boat, my problem is after starting and adjusting the valves I ran it to a car wash and washed off the oil, it started right back up and I drove it 5 miles and it quit took 45 mins. to get it started back , after that is would not run very good and now after day of resetting the time on the truck I can not get it to start, some of the problem I think is when I get it on compression stroke it is 4 inches form the timing mark on the balancer, I have checked and re checked every thing I know to do but it still will not start, Do you have any ideas on what I need to do to get it fixed and running again, help please I am disabled and need my transportation...... Motor was rebuilt and it is in a 1995 4x4 k 1500

Last edited by Jess Houston Lowery; August 18th, 2013 at 10:11 AM. Reason: add some information