Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Just purchased a 2010.. LOTS OF PROBLEMS

Old January 20th, 2014, 8:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just purchased a 2010.. LOTS OF PROBLEMS

Hi all!

Lots of good info on this forum. I would like to get some advice from the members here.
I just purchased a 2010 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ less than 2 months ago with 25,630 miles. I also purchased an extended warranty. After doing some research I am the 3rd owner. Upon purchase the day after I bought it I noticed the trim looked faded and had some paint issues, I went to fill the truck up and it wouldn't accept more than about 1/2 a gallon of fuel per minute and the heated seats would shut off automatically before even getting warm. I mentioned this to the salesman and he just acted like it wasn't a big deal. I live over an hour from the dealership. I took the truck by there to talk with them about it and they told me I would have to schedule an appointment. Two days later I have to visit a customer near the dealership and coming down an incline near the dealership the brakes started vibrating terribly and the check engine light come on. I took the truck immediately to the dealership and had to get a little rude about being blown off. They gave me a car to drive while it was in their service dept. At this point I had put less than 1000 miles on the truck. a week later they call me and said:
We cannot find an issue with the heated seats
the front brakes needed resurfaced(in which the general manager standing there said they had resurfaced them when the truck arrived on their lot)
every transmission line under the truck was leaking and needed replaced (but they weren't when they inspected the truck?)
there were two sensors or evaporators bad dealing with the fuel tank
So I had to pay my warranty deductible and I got my truck back, when I took it home I started looking really closely at it and the trim sure enough has been repainted and it was a poor poor job, there are tape lines in it also and the clear coat is starting to flake in places under the front bumper.
I drove the truck for another week and going down the road it lost power all of a sudden, started vibrating and would not accelerate. once the truck cleared up and started running properly (still going down the road on a 50 degree day at 5:00 pm) the computer then flashed "ice possible" and the rear brakes LOCKED and I slid about 30 or so feet to a stop....
This time I had to ride an hour and a half in a rollback to the dealership, the brakes locking has really bothered me and more so my wife, she doesn't feel safe in that truck at all and I cannot say that I blame her. I am urging the dealer to find another truck of equal value and be fair with me. What would you guys do in this situation?
Old January 20th, 2014, 9:08 AM
CF Beginner

wow sounds like the truck was in an accident did you check with car facts. Also I would demand a totally refund also I agree with you IF the truck was inspected and you are having all these problem, they didn't inspect it at all and the dealership is not reputable sad to say, extended warranty why are you paying deductible its still under the factory warranty. I would call Chevy customer service and raise all concern's also you are third owner, ask to contact the other owners to see if they had same problem, if nothing works LEMON LAW call the BBB and file a complaint. I feel your pain after a similar problem I learned to file complaints and in the nd they fixed the issues but you have to speak up and don't settle for anything less than a complete fix. Yes am been thru the mill with GM, also I would take this truck to another dealer and have them go thur it. I really think this truck was involved in an accident and they didn't tell you. State by state laws are different,and if you have state insection state call your state inspection dept file a complaint with them. I hope you get your money back.
Old January 20th, 2014, 5:39 PM
CF Beginner

Default Re

Well, I received an e-mail from the general manager today stating they were going to find a vehicle of equal value and trade it. Later I get a call from a salesman there that said they had a truck to trade for mine. It was the same year model, same color LTZ, that did not have several of the options mine had and it had 10,000 more miles. I told them that sounded like a great deal..... for them!!!
Old January 20th, 2014, 7:10 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

10,000 more miles on a "non-wrecked" truck that has no defects would be more than a fair trade for your defective truck. Sounds as though they are trying to work with you here.
Old January 20th, 2014, 7:44 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by JK23112

10,000 more miles on a "non-wrecked" truck that has no defects would be more than a fair trade for your defective truck. Sounds as though they are trying to work with you here.
According to the dealer and the CarFax my truck hasn't been wrecked, there appears to be no structural damage, fenders, lights etc are all factory. the trim looks to be very poorly painted and some of the clear is peeling....Factory issue? I am not sure. I am not saying the truck is wrecked. I am saying that it has provided several issues that a 26,000 mile truck shouldnt have given. I am also questioning the dealerships practice of inspection. How would all of the transmission lines be leaking but is pass inspection? And the brakes ....if they surfaced them why did I have to have it done 500 or so miles later?
Old January 21st, 2014, 12:33 PM
CF Active Member

Sounds to me like that dealership is pretty cheap. Rotors are cheap and if they turned them instead of replacing them it shows me that they are willing to save a buck anyway they can.
Old January 21st, 2014, 1:54 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by adam86107
Sounds to me like that dealership is pretty cheap. Rotors are cheap and if they turned them instead of replacing them it shows me that they are willing to save a buck anyway they can.

I agree... According to them they have resurfaced them twice now within 800 miles
Old February 1st, 2014, 9:20 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK...I know this is an old post, but maybe I have one suggestion. I work for a utility that has many GMC trucks. Almost all have problems with automatic shutoff gas fillers. The solution to auto shutoff is to hold the nozzle so that it doesn't touch the sides of the filler tube. If you let it rest as it should, it shuts off after a couple of seconds. I guess I just got used to holding it away from the sides. On a cold day it isn't much fun, but seems to be the only fix.