Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 3:34 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:
Browse all: Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Line-X vs Bullet Bed Liners

Search this Thread

Old January 21st, 2012, 7:17 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Line-X vs Bullet Bed Liners

From recent inquiries it appears as though many installers of Line-X bed liners have abandoned their franchises and switched over to Bullet bed liners.
It seems the same engineering genius (chemical engineer), who invented the used in Line-X, sold the company, and started up a new company using,
"new an improved" products. Apparently there are a few improvements in the application and also the Line-X was prone to some sun fading and supposedly the Bullet process is more fade resistant.
I am about to make a decision on my Silverado....Can I please hear some comments from both satisfied and dissatisfied users of both to fully understand what i am getting into..
Thanks
S
Old July 24th, 2012, 11:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Line-X VS Bullet

LINE-X is expensive and some dealers are making the switch to make more money by paying less and spraying thinner. Just like with anything.....you get what you pay for. LINE-X makes their franchises spray a certain thickness to maintain warranties (125MIL +) and Bullet has no programs in place to police quality. They will say it has a lifetime warranty but so does everyone one else that claims to be "just like LINE-X". The bottom line is there are dozens of bedliner brands across the country but only one has a true lifetime warranty redeemable all across the nation. Do I work for LINE-X? No I don't but I am in the industry and see guys getting 26 bedliners out of a set of barrels and guys that spray LINE-X get 18. My advise is pay a few bucks on quality for your 30,000 plus new truck.