Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

flowmaster 40's

Search this Thread

Old February 28th, 2008, 7:26 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flowmaster 40's

does anyone have the nbs 07 with a catback flowmaster original 40 series? im trying to decide what to do, i have an appointment on tuesday and im not sure which muffler i want to go with.flowmaster keeps telling me the original 40 will have too much inside drone, but im not sure what to expect. i dont wantto be driving down the highway and all i hear isexhaust drone in the cab over the radio.any advice?
Old February 28th, 2008, 7:59 AM
CF Active Member

Default RE: flowmaster 40's

well i have an 06 with the original 40 and going down the highway 70mph taching 1800-2000rpm, there really isnt a drone on the inside, at least nothing with the radio on that i can hear. now towing my polaris taching 2500-3000, yea that got a little annoying but nothing major. the 50 series was way to quiet on my 89 blazer with the tbi 350 so i wanted the 40.

if you are worried, see if your installer will hook up a 50, let you drive down the road to test it, then hook up a 40 and do the same. my mufflar guy said i could do that if i wanted, but i didnt need to.

good luck. flowmaster is the only way to go.
Old February 29th, 2008, 7:37 AM
CF Beginner

Jeckel I have an 07 NBS and as in my post about Flows, I went in yesterday and decided to go with the original 40 series, I would definately recommend going with that set up!!! It sounds amazing! There is a little drone in the cab. I drove down the highway about 12 miles from the shop to my next destination and with the radio set at 14 and could still here the radio fine. I would have to say that you could go with a delta series muffler, but I was planning on the 70 where in my buddies truck you can't hear it in the cab.
My .02 is if you want the awesome deep sound go 40! I love mine, I wasted 1/4 tank of gas just driving around listening to it yesterday.

Josh
Old February 29th, 2008, 8:00 AM
CF Junior Member

thanks Josh, i will be going with the 40 series, and hell if i dont like it i own a sawsall!!!!! but seriously, i think the 40 will be the best for this truck especially on the 5.3. the main thing was ido want the deep sound withouttoo much inside drone, a little bit is ok but not a lot, i think you have helped a lot with your experience in owning the setup,thanks for the input, i appreciate it a lot.
Old February 29th, 2008, 8:10 PM
CF Beginner

No worries, jeckel, I spent about 3 weeks trying to decide what set up to install. I have friends that have just about everything that you could imagine on a truck, except for cherry bombs. I just liked that sound that comes out of the 40. 70 was what I thought I was giong to use all the way up until the day before I went to get them on. I didn't want to have to have them changed out after a week.

Josh
Old March 3rd, 2008, 1:38 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

jeckyl- i had a 50 and it was way to quiet so i switched to an original 40. i was worried like you but it is really not loud inside at all as a matter of fact i hear my k&n cai more than the flow at times- good luck.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 2:56 PM
CF Junior Member

well everything is getting installed @ 8am tomorrow morning so we shall see!!! im going with the cat back dual out the rear w/ flowmaster original 40. should sound excellent im hoping!! ill take pics and if i can, ill try to do a vid as well.
Old March 4th, 2008, 7:34 AM
CF Junior Member

Well???? How does it sound?
Old March 4th, 2008, 11:47 AM
CF Junior Member

Can't wait to see hear!!!!
Old March 4th, 2008, 9:11 PM
CF Junior Member

Hey Guys, happy to report my truck sounds better than i hoped! i put the cat back flowmaster original 40 series, dual out the rear on my 07 NBS 5.3, the original 40 series is perfect, sounds awesome, i have some pics but i am not able to load them now, check back i should have them done by tomorow night. oh and for those of you worried about interior resonance like i was with the original 40, its really not that bad, nothing that cant be solved with a little volume on the radio. ill keep you posted with the pics, and ill try to get a vid to load as well.

Quick Reply: flowmaster 40's