Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by: Bakliner

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2010, 09:28 PM
CF Junior Member
1984 Chevrolet C/K 1500
My Garage

Default moisture in distributer

Hi I have a 98 K1500 350 Vortec and when it rains and the morning dew The cap collects moisture and need to know how to prevent this as Ive done it all so far, changed the dist, cap, rotor, wires plugs, all and im at my wits end with it whats the recomended solution or trick. Thanks Brad
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 09-27-2010, 10:29 PM
CF Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 981500k View Post
Hi I have a 98 K1500 350 Vortec and when it rains and the morning dew The cap collects moisture and need to know how to prevent this as Ive done it all so far, changed the dist, cap, rotor, wires plugs, all and im at my wits end with it whats the recomended solution or trick. Thanks Brad
what I do Is to fill the screen in the bottom of the distributor with sealler, and stop the madness, kind of a BS idea any way!!! put a vent in the bottom??? gm sure listened to ford on that one
Old 09-28-2010, 08:01 PM
CF Junior Member
1984 Chevrolet C/K 1500
My Garage

Ok not to say your wrong but I was told not to close them off because then it woudnt vent properly but I never dealt with this before and its about to **** me off because Ive dumped tons into this truck for it to be something stupid make me get rid of it. If pluging them is whats recomended Ill try it.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:58 AM
CF Junior Member

if the moisture is causing your truck to miss one thing you can do is spray a thin coat of cooper seal inside your distributor cap. when i was told about it i didnt think it would work but it stopped mine from missing.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:58 AM

Tags
cap, carlo, chevrolet, chevy, condensation, distributer, distributeri, distributor, gm, missing, moisture, monte, rains, s10, stop, vortec