Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 11:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exterior
Print Wikipost

Mounting CB Whips???

Old July 14th, 2011, 9:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mounting CB Whips???

So I want to mount my CB whips to my truck bed. I don't have a toolbox so can't mount em there and i do have short bed rails. Any ideas you have i would love to hear! Thanks!
Old July 15th, 2011, 12:08 PM
CF Active Member

Where do you prefer to mount em? Do you already have em purchased?

For operations, the best place would be center of the front rail right behind the cab.

I hear the firesticks are excellent, though I have never used them.

I go old school with a 8 1/2 ft stainless steel whip. I originally had it on my old pick-up right dead center of the toolbox. It really got out there. That truck is gone, but I plan on mounting it on my Bronco on the right rear, either to the body or on the bumper.

Tell me more about your truck and what you want. Duals on the mirror look great almost as old school as the SS whip.
Old February 8th, 2012, 11:22 AM
CF Beginner

i have a 92 bronco which is full size has the plstic heated mirrors, so im wondering where n how to mount my 2 whips on there. i had them on my F150 on the mirrors, and on my blazer on the carring rack ontop the truck (kinda looked silly like bunny ears there) but hows would u think the cheapest and best way to mount these on the sides near the front? i was going to by a kc light bar n mount them on the sides of those but they r so expensive, found one that came with the lights for $200 sum, i just got this bronco a week ago or less for 1400 w 107000 miles and already stuck over $5-600 into it but that includes 2 new 31x10.5R15 BFgoodrich A/T T/A tires i got online since i had 2 of those still w 100% tred on them from my F150 so thats not to bad but still got alot of work to do, so im looking for the cheapest and best route to mount these whips on i think they r 6ft not 100% sure tho i looked up some mounting brackets us $30 a peice was best i found and chinese $7 a pair which is great but idk if i can trust that foreign stuff lol
Old February 8th, 2012, 12:09 PM
CF Active Member

Do you care about drilling holes into the sheet metal?
If my only option was duals....
I would go with duals on both sides monted on the rear quarters, bumper or the b-pillar (right behind the doors).

For best performance a single on the roof just in front of where it meets the top.

Were it me, I would sell the dual and by a single stainless whip.

$200 for a light bar with lights (if they work and are decent looking) is a steal.
Old February 8th, 2012, 8:48 PM
CF Active Member

If you want to mount a 102" SS wip. I put mine on the Driver side front inner bed lip. I just made a 90 degree bracket and it mounts up fine. IMHO nothing beats a 102 SS Wip. Really gets out...Of course the etra 100 watt heater might help a bit lol
Old February 9th, 2012, 4:11 PM
CF Active Member

At most places that sell whips they will have a bracket for them my brother put his on when he was logging so he didnt get smashed by a logging truck and needless to say they had to be sturdy. He uses the fire sticks as do most of the loggers and they seem to work great. To use the bracket right you do have to drill a few small holes to set but they dont move at all. hope that helps some
Nick
Attached Thumbnails Mounting CB Whips???-cb-mount.jpg