Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My OBD2 port will not work

Search this Thread

Old February 15th, 2013, 7:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My OBD2 port will not work

Hi. I have a 2007 Silverado and my check engine light came on. My scanner won't link but it works for all of my other vehicles. A google search suggested that the cigar lighter fuse being blown can cause this but my truck doesn't have the smoking package and I can't find that fuse. The scanner acts the same whether I have the ignition on or not. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks from Mike in NH.
Old February 15th, 2013, 8:46 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: My OBD2 port will not work

I had a similar issue with my 2011 model. It does not have a cigarette lighter, but does have two 12V ports on the dash. If I use one of the ports I can almost garuntee that I blow the fuse for that port. For some reason Chevy decided to wire the OBD II port to this same fuse. I would double check the fuses. Check and see if you have a CIG LTR fuse the in engine fuse block and check to see if it is blown.
Old February 15th, 2013, 8:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

if it gas engine check under hood fuse box fuse #55 ltr, it powers the dlc
Old October 5th, 2014, 5:53 PM
CF Beginner

rodes6 you nailed the problem on the head. this was the issue with my sons Truck Thank You
Old October 6th, 2014, 9:27 AM
CF Beginner

ddm1269, glad I could help.
Old February 20th, 2020, 12:20 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same problem

I have a 2005 Silverado 1500 with the cigg lighters and today my truck is showing abs and showing the light for bad alternator but had both tested and it shows they are good then went to test obd and wont connect to tester could I be having the same problem with the fuse?
Old February 21st, 2020, 5:15 AM
CF Beginner

Default Wow old thread

Originally Posted by Seth Crowner
I have a 2005 Silverado 1500 with the cigg lighters and today my truck is showing abs and showing the light for bad alternator but had both tested and it shows they are good then went to test obd and wont connect to tester could I be having the same problem with the fuse?
It turned out that my OBD2 reader was an older one that used an older protocol. Got a new one and it worked find.
Old February 21st, 2020, 8:41 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Seth Crowner
check the accessory ports for power or check the dlc connector; pin 16 should have battery voltage
Old December 30th, 2020, 7:46 AM
CF Beginner

Default Samish

so I am having an issue where my obd2 port does not connect to my scanner along with the battery light and abs light on the door controls don’t work like heated seats, lock an unlock, windows, speakers, and I let it sit and it won’t start. Really confused on this one but would really appreciate some help it’s a 2005 Silverado 2500 6.6. Also just changed out the block heater since it was bad then all of this happened. Also the fuel level guage and ect and tft guage don’t work. And the voltage guage is always around 10v but starts right up if sitting inside.
Old March 14th, 2021, 3:30 PM
CF Beginner

Default bcm?

Originally Posted by Jeremiah Hoffmann
so I am having an issue where my obd2 port does not connect to my scanner along with the battery light and abs light on the door controls don’t work like heated seats, lock an unlock, windows, speakers, and I let it sit and it won’t start. Really confused on this one but would really appreciate some help it’s a 2005 Silverado 2500 6.6. Also just changed out the block heater since it was bad then all of this happened. Also the fuel level guage and ect and tft guage don’t work. And the voltage guage is always around 10v but starts right up if sitting inside.
sounds like a bcm problem. unplug your connections and plug the back in. if that doesnt work, the bcm may have to be replaced