Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My silverado is at 135K miles, what can i expect to get out of her?

Search this Thread

Old April 2nd, 2015, 9:04 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My silverado is at 135K miles, what can i expect to get out of her?

so ive had my truck about a year now and i have not had a single problem other than a slight trans flare when cold, (tranny guy said its normal and not a issue) and not a SINGLE CEL or Idiot light. Today i hit 135K miles and i bought the truck with 120K. (about 15K miles) it is rust free, when i bought it i fixed the common stuff before it could surface, i put in a new ACDelco battery, coolant flush, New water pump, rotors, drive train fluid replacement, new tires, rims, speakers, (OEM Bose) Plugs and wires, and cleaned the MAF. I never pull with my truck and i only use about half a quart every 6K miles if i drive hard. I dont pull with this truck but i do like to spin my tires at stoplights and car shows when people call my truck weak. (i have a 0-60 time of 8 seconds) which isnt incredible but respectable. truck is bone stock, 3.73 gears and 17 inch rims. (Oem off a tahoe but i bolted on) so i know its in good shape. Odometer reads 3,500 hours, and 135,300 miles. I put on about 200 miles every week or better, so i expect to hit 200,000 by 2017. I am planning on doing a trans rebuild and shift kit, along with a tune when its paid off and i secure work.

My question is, can i expect to get 250K out of this motor? I do oil changes every 7K miles, i flush and refill drivetrain fluids yearly, and flush out my underbody of dirt every spring. other than those habits i do have a lead foot. my motor runs glass smooth and just has a slight lifter tick at cold start but my dads 2010 chevy is WAY worse. so i am not worried. what can i expect to fail next? can i get 200K out of this motor? Ive heard horror stories of knock sensors, intake gaskets, headgaskets.. but i never wash my engine bay with a pressure washer, and i always keep my coolant full and my gauge never leaves the center mark. im also getting 20MPG highway.

anyway let me know what you think! i want stories!
Attached Thumbnails My silverado is at 135K miles, what can i expect to get out of her?-my-truck.jpg  
Old April 3rd, 2015, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

that generation is fantastic. My 2000 has 355 000 kilometers and still runs great. I have seen many more still running great with this mileage. Mine has some piston slap if you start it up cold and drive away immediately. it does not do this is you warm it up for 2minutes.
I wouldn't do 7000 mile oil changes...to long in my opinion.
Old April 3rd, 2015, 6:54 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 2004 with 120k and it runs very strong. A good friend of mine has a 2002 with 220k and it also runs very strong. Both of us have that 5.3L V8 - a great engine.

By the way, 7000 miles is WAY TOO LONG to go between oil changes. Don't skimp on such a vital part of a preventive maintenance program.