Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 10th, 2015, 2:01 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Need Brighter Lights on 03 Silverado

Search this Thread

Old January 28th, 2012, 7:06 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Brighter Lights on 03 Silverado

Morning all,
I just replaced the bulbs on front headlights..Made an improvement but still notice last night that the lights still seem somewhat yellowish and not really bright at night.
I read that this is because the lenses become soiled or yellowed from the ozone or whatever...and they can be cleaned up with some commercial or (homemade product).. this might be the inexpensive alternative to replacing the expensive lenses...Does anyone have experience with this..
As an alternative, has anyone with dim, yellow headlights ever upgraded to LED's or some newer technology...
Thanks for any advice.
slepley
Old January 28th, 2012, 7:30 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont have any experience polishing Chevy lenses but did do it to my Cherokee and it made a word of difference for about 6 months then they started hazing up again. I had it painted last year and went Ebay replacement lenses and they have worked great. I got the ones that had the projector style low beams. I have no complaints about them after a year. I got both lenses and fog lights for about 140 shipped. My new to me 01 has the same type of yellowing/hazing going on and I have no issues buying another set. Ive already started looking and found some in the $150 shipped for top,bottom and fog lights with a black housing.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

if you really wanted to get fancy

the polishing system I bought ran about $25 in comparison. plus I had to buy a few peices of extra paper to help the polishing.. mine were really bad.