Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Need help

Search this Thread

Old July 31st, 2013, 1:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help

I'm new to this "lift your truck" thing and I need help/ideas. I drive a 1998 silverado Ext cab 2WD. I don't want to spend a whole lot of money lifting it so I'm looking to level it. It is about 33" in the front and 34" in the back. Should I buy a 2" leveling kit or try and find a 1"? How would each one look? I just don't know where to start.
Old July 31st, 2013, 4:21 AM
CF Junior Member

I am in the same boat as you on wanting 33's. after looking around on here I found that a 2" leveling kit will give you the room you need. It's actually a 1" block if you buy a kit from rough country but it some how gives you 2" of lift. Still not sure how that works but I have seen before and after pictures and it does. Also you can tighten your torsion bars and get 2" for a free leveling kit. Either way you go get an alignment done afterwards. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Old July 31st, 2013, 4:23 AM
CF Junior Member

[QUOTE="Tfriend;253507"]I am in the same boat as you on wanting 33's. after looking around on here I found that a 2" leveling kit will give you the room you need. It's actually a 1" block if you buy a kit from rough country but it some how gives you 2" of lift. Still not sure how that works but I have seen before and after pictures and it does.
Old July 31st, 2013, 4:24 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tfriend
I am in the same boat as you on wanting 33's. after looking around on here I found that a 2" leveling kit will give you the room you need. It's actually a 1" block if you buy a kit from rough country but it some how gives you 2" of lift. Still not sure how that works but I have seen before and after pictures and it does. Also you can tighten your torsion bars and get 2" for a free leveling kit. Either way you go get an alignment done afterwards. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Ok I missed you said it was 2wd I guess. You can't do the torsion bar lift. Sorry about that.
Old August 1st, 2013, 1:44 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the help! I was looking around but couldn't really find any for a '98. Could you post a link of any if you could? I found some on eBay but there are some that say "dose not fit Ext cab" I don't see why they wouldn't fit an exted cab...
Old August 1st, 2013, 5:28 PM
CF Junior Member

I will take a look when I get home. I found a lot on amazon but not sure for what year. I'll let you know.
Old August 1st, 2013, 6:40 PM
CF Beginner

You could buy a body lift they give you 2 or 3 inches depending on which one you buy
Old August 3rd, 2013, 6:12 AM
CF Junior Member

I found one rough country leveling kit for your truck on amazon for about $150 plus shipping. I've heard good things about the brand. I personally don't like the look of a body lift myself but that would work as well. Make sure if you go that route that you get the bumper brackets and such as well.