Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

need help finding a 1987 siverado

Old April 29th, 2013, 8:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help finding a 1987 siverado

I'm sorry if this is the wrong section, I'm new here and couldn't find anything specific for this.

the other day I stopped by a farm and the guy had a 1987 GMC c30 (I believe) and it was the crew can 5.7l 350, automatic, and I really liked it, rebuilt engine w/ new transmission, didn't see the mileage on it though. he wanted $1700 OBO. now, it has the long bed, the link below has a very similar truck to it, the brown and tan color scheme. just no mud tires, a small lift (maybe 3 inches?) no clearance lights. camper special edition.

How about some pics of 73-91 crew cabs - Page 98 - The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network
posted by:
ghettoluxury

now, to get to my main point, I liked the truck, i'd like either a chevy or gmc, same style, but the problem with the other truck was no glove box, a crack in the hood (I can fix that), and it was 2WD, I need 4WD.

now, my other question, can I add seatbelts to the back? can I put some custom things on this vehicle like a heartthrob exhaust?this would be the first vehicle I ever buy, im 16 so, cash is a little short.

overall, where should I look, ive had no luck with craigslist, and what should I look for?
sorry that got so lengthy.
Old April 29th, 2013, 8:56 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't recall many of the older ones those being 4wd newer 4wd was more common, camper special most of those came with 454's if I remember right. the later ones will have the OD trans the older usually had th400's. I know 4.11 gearing was popular, most were duallys.

I'm sure if you find one mileage will be high, and likely on it's 2nd engine or rebuild.

sounds like a task to find one specific to what you want, and I'm sure there ain't too many around.

I'm sure you could find something close but you might have to have it shipped or go get it. unless your in a area with alot of farmers with old trucks.

Last edited by hicksvilleshick; April 29th, 2013 at 9:04 PM.
Old April 29th, 2013, 9:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, there are a lot of farms around, it's where I saw the one I was looking at.

It had a rebuilt engine.

Any other model that had 4wd and a crew cab that was more common? The class I want to be above is the 1500's (the equivalent back then was the 150 correct?)