Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Need help on torison bar and window issue!!!!

Search this Thread

Old June 29th, 2012, 5:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help on torison bar and window issue!!!!

Ok so I'm new to the 4x4 and silverado world. I've got a 2003 silverado z71 and noticed that my passenger side front tire is oftely close to the wheel well. Iv been told its my torsion bar that needs to be tightened. How exactly do I go about doing that?
Also, my driver side panel no longer works: no PW, PL, mirrors, nothing!! But on the passenger side it all works fine like nothing's the problem. I put my key in the ignition and it no longer chimes, or when I open my drivers side door the lights don't come on inside the cab..!?!? Wtf is up with it and can I fix the issue or just take it to Chevy and have them fix the issue!? Any help would be great guys!!

-Matt
Old June 29th, 2012, 7:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

the torsion bars are easy to adjust; just turn up the key bolt. However any movement of the torsion bar with change all your front alignment angles. An alignment will be needed afterwards.

the key chime and dome lamp need a door adjar input to recognize that the door is open. Not sure on 2003 but it may be internal to the door lock actuator. Make sure there are no broken wires where they go from the door to the cab at the A-pillar.