Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

New Chevy Guy

Old June 4th, 2013, 8:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Chevy Guy

Hey all,

Im not new to the truck game but I am new to the chevy truck game, Just looking on somethings I should know(common problems or new guy mistakes) about with my new 2012 Silverado 1500, and some good sites to get parts etc.

Thanks
Old June 4th, 2013, 10:00 AM
CF Beginner

Default Me too!

Originally Posted by mike291
Hey all,

Im not new to the truck game but I am new to the chevy truck game, Just looking on somethings I should know(common problems or new guy mistakes) about with my new 2012 Silverado 1500, and some good sites to get parts etc.

Thanks
Hi Mike!

I AM new both to the truck game and to the Chevy game and finally to the Chevy truck game. Since I wanted to gently dip my toe in with an easy to work on very light truck, of course my first pickup is a 1988 Chevy K2500 4X4 with the King cab and standard truck bed, clocking in at a very economical 8.5 mPg.

These forums have really helped me so far with the speed of responses and the knowledge I have been able to tap into, so this is a good place to browse (and brown nose, apparently which is what I'm doing).

Good luck, and always remember no matter how dumb you think your question might be, just look at ANY thread I put up and know it can get a lot worse!
Old June 4th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Welcome to the forum.
Old June 6th, 2013, 7:54 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

mike291,

Welcome! If you have any questions or concerns, including warranty or dealerships, we are here to assist. Just send us a private message.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old June 6th, 2013, 7:18 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have always been (well, I used to be) a Ford guy when it came to trucks. I wanted an F-Series, but could not find one suitable to my needs or my preferences.....so I bit the bullet and bought my used 2004 Silverado back in February of 2010.

I am pretty impressed with it - especially the ample power of the 5.3L V8. The Chevy's V8 is much easier to work on and service than is the comparable 5.4L used in the Ford trucks. The Chevy is better-looking, too, even though the F-Series has a better interior and a firmer ride.

As with any other vehicle, keep the oil changed and don't neglect the basic maintenance. Your Chevy will last as long as you want it to. Good luck and WELCOME to our little on-line community!!!!