Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

No dash, parking and tail lights when cold

Search this Thread

Old February 1st, 2014, 11:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No dash, parking and tail lights when cold

1994 Chevy K1500. Lately when every time when I turn on my head lights only the head lights will come on. The dash, parking and tail lights will not come on right away. It seems like after the truck warms up for a few minutes they will come on. Seems temperature has something to do with it since when I leave my 40 degree garage in the morning it doesn't take as long for them to turn on as it does when I leave work and my truck is cold from sitting outside all day. I live in Northern MN and the temp. outside has been anywhere from -20F to +20F when I start the truck when its been sitting outside. The colder it takes the longer it takes. Also if I am running around town, stop somewhere and turn the lights off and the truck is warmed up they will come on right away. Not all the time but sometimes when I am driving along with all the lights on the tail, park and dash lights will go out for not reason without warning. If I just bank my fist on the dash they will come back on again. During the day its not an issue but it is my daily driver and it is dark out when I go to work and come home from work. I got stopped by local police one day for no tail lights. He just let me off with warning. That day I new the dash lights weren't working but I assumed it was something with the dimmer for the dash lights. I assumed the tail lights were working since the head lights were working. I can't see if they are on unless I get out of the truck and look. It seems that the head lights are separate from the dash, tail and park lights. My turn and 4 way lights work fine. No sure about rev. lights. I haven't paid attention. A funny thing is I have an Astro remote start. I have had it for years. When I remote start the truck the tail, dash and park lights come on like they should but as soon as I get into the truck to drive and hit the brake pedal all the lights go out. I have checked connections and fuses, everything seems ok.

Anyone have any ideas?