Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old August 10th, 2015, 11:29 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

no power door lock,no power windows,mirror remote stopped workin

Search this Thread

Old July 2nd, 2013, 11:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TSB = technical service bulletin.
It gives the tech insight on a quick way to diagnose and treat certain issues that are prevalent in a particular model.
Basically, the recurring bugs that are seen over and over in a particular model. Kinda like Microsoft does it - release the product and then let your customers tell you where the 'issues' are.

So - you may want to have a someone with a GM Tech II scanner try the TSB above. I had to have that done once (back in about 09) and have not had to since. But it may have only applied to '03 models - I am uncertain on that.

You could also switch the relays to see if the problem follows the relay.

Last edited by kurtibm; July 2nd, 2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old July 3rd, 2013, 10:27 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kurtibm
TSB = technical service bulletin.
It gives the tech insight on a quick way to diagnose and treat certain issues that are prevalent in a particular model.
Basically, the recurring bugs that are seen over and over in a particular model. Kinda like Microsoft does it - release the product and then let your customers tell you where the 'issues' are.

So - you may want to have a someone with a GM Tech II scanner try the TSB above. I had to have that done once (back in about 09) and have not had to since. But it may have only applied to '03 models - I am uncertain on that.

You could also switch the relays to see if the problem follows the relay.
ah ok, if you mean that 25amp thats in the side panel fuse block inside that near the driver side door? if yes then yeah i found another same relay/breaker and nothing happen, or anything good that is.

had a friend come over to help since im not in good shape anymore. my spine is messed up from being young and stupid..

took the driver side door panel off and with a test light found that no power was going to the door switch/window motor and mirror. on the switches the only wire that had any power to it was that big orange wire.

and tried to jump the switch to the motor, and nothing happen,window didnt even move. but the passenger does. so he thinks it maybe the switch them self. he going to head to a junk yard he knows and grab it for me and e will go from there.

beside that we also found out that ac pump is growling as well so yeah this new truck is also most worst then what i traded it off on. i miss my 96 chevy and the Flexsteal seats it had in it to..beside having 70k less miles to boot.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 11:36 PM
CF Beginner

Does chevy ever view this site and help their customers?
Old September 23rd, 2013, 5:29 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Farrell
Does chevy ever view this site and help their customers?
Yes GM has customer service representatives on this site.
Old September 23rd, 2013, 2:56 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey Robert Farrell,

If there's anything we can help with please feel free to send us a PM.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 25th, 2013, 2:51 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

i was told that the driver side switch assembly is bad that is why the driver door locks,window,mirrow dont work but the passenger side will work. GM dealership told me the door switch is just over $200 and then another $90 to progrma it. what is there to program? or can i just buy it and then just plug it in and have my full control of the driver side or not? would like to know what programing they have to do or is it something easy i can do. such as the key fob trick?
Old June 1st, 2014, 5:34 PM
CF Beginner

Default I fixed it

Well I have a 2003 Chevy Tahoe, and I lost all power to my door lock, window and mirror on my passenger side, all I did was go to the junk yard grab one of those switches that control the locks and windows and replaced mines with that one and and all my functions worked again, at first I couldn't control those functions not even from the drivers side door, now I can control the mirror, window and power locks from the front driver side and front passenger side door
Old February 2nd, 2015, 11:51 PM
CF Beginner

Just picked me up a 2000 Chevy Suburban, power locks, windows, mirror contols dont work. I have cheked all the fuses and have replaced the master switch in the drivers door and still nothing, any suggestions???
Old May 31st, 2015, 7:10 AM
CF Beginner

Not to muddy the waters, but my 04 Avie Z71 LTZ. Yeah I know LTZ in 04 is a no way. This unit is just days from being an 05. Has 98 % of all options. Any who, this is what stopped working all at once. Front pwr windows, rear windows work from their individual switches. Not from the drivers switch. No power locks, no electric mirrors, no keyless entry, seat memory cannot be change, pedals-brake and gas cannot be electronically moved anymore and for some odder (such a word?) reason my heater blower motor also a no go. All worked find and then gone. All fuses checked. Used a snap on scan tool to check. Indicated no communication with the bcm (body control module) Ok so I get one, take it to my dealer for programming, vehicle no start without; they program the replacement and nothing changes. Then they suggest for another pot of ching ching, they will diagnose the problem. They did and came back with a 95% certainty that the culprit is the ddcm. Drivers door control module. Following day I tracked down one of them. Joyously installed and miserably disappointed. Nope not that either. Wow. do with temps just shy of 95 no ac, no front windows. Sun roof, rear windows and removal back window are only relief. Thank God for that. Did I do anything before this calamity? Yah. My turn signal assembly had a short. Every time I go left or right, headlights would go high to low. So I got a used column from a buddy. Oh and yes you cannot just switch a column and expect glory. No one of two things must happen. Either you switch your original ignition housing, it is chipped, or you tow the vehicle to your dealer or any with a Tech 2 or such and have the replacement column programmed for your vehicle. Being late Sat. I switched housings. Started up fine, everything working fine..pull out of our shop driveway, put window drivers side up and no window did not agree. In the down position. Both front. As to mils? Air bag light is on and check engine is also on. I wonder if air bag light could somehow trip a major headache like this.

Any ideas believe me are truly need and appreciated.

thanks

C.J.
Old October 4th, 2017, 12:23 PM
CF Beginner

I had no luck with this same issue on my 2004 Suburban. I swapped the left and right door circuit breakers, disconnected the battery all night, and nothing. Then, I just started checking the TBC and LOCKS fuses, and put them back in. None were blown, but then all of my passenger door items started working. I had lost the window, door lock, and remote keyless entry, and now they are all back. Fingers crossed....

Quick Reply: no power door lock,no power windows,mirror remote stopped workin