Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Power door locks not working HELP!

Search this Thread

Old April 10th, 2012, 7:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Power door locks not working HELP!

Hi this is my first time using this forum. I recently bought a 2500 08 silverado crew cab. None of my power locks work. I have to unlock each door manually. Does anyone have any suggestions before I bring it to the dealer as I guess it might be a costly fix. Thanks
Old April 10th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> btlaing,

You may want to check the fuses in the Instrument Panel Fuse Block. The access door is located on the driver side edge of the instrument panel. Pull off the cover to access the fuse block. The fuses are numbered 10 and 11.

Look at the silver-colored band inside the fuse. If the band is broken or melted, replace the fuse. Be sure you replace a bad fuse with a new one of the identical size and rating.

For your reference, this information, and a fuse block diagram, is available in the owner's manual on pages 5-127 through 5-129. For your convenience, a digital copy of the manual is available at: http://www.extendedgmwarranty.com/ow...-Silverado.pdf

I hope this was helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old April 12th, 2012, 7:58 AM
CF Beginner

Did that the fuses are fine. When i push the switch I can hear the clicking noise but nothing is happening with any of the doors could it be a lock acuator problem?
Old April 12th, 2012, 9:57 AM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

Sometimes the plastic clip that connects the linkage from the actuator to the door locking mechanism breaks. When this happens you hear a click because it is moving but no longer connected to the locking mechanism. It is strange that none of the doors work.
Old April 13th, 2012, 2:10 PM
CF Beginner

Most likely needs all four door lock acuators very common problem on 2007 & up c/k models