Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Power outlet but no power

Search this Thread

Old September 29th, 2010, 9:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power outlet but no power

When I bought my truck a few my ago i noticed that the power outlets were having issues. the left outlet has no power and the right one has a sweet spot i have to hit just right to get power to my charger. I have checked the fuses by the driver door and found no fuses blown. i am wanting to check the outlets for loose wires and possibly replace them. My question is how do you take the stinking panel off to get to the outlets??? I have spent some time looking and im sure its an easy thing but i cant get the stinking panel off. Any Advice? attached are photos of the panel
Attached Thumbnails Power outlet but no power-gettin-truck-dirty-her-new-lungs-016.jpg   Power outlet but no power-gettin-truck-dirty-her-new-lungs-018.jpg  
Old September 29th, 2010, 9:49 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have to pop the trim around your radio and steering wheel loose then it will expose bolts/screws that need to be taken out then you should be able to remove the trim and access the power outlets.