Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 10th, 2015, 5:21 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Steering & Suspension Guides
Print Wikipost

about to lift my truck NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old July 15th, 2010, 12:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation about to lift my truck NEED HELP

what up yall first off i drive a

1996 Chevy 1500 Silverado
2 Wheel Drive

I want to get a good lift and I got the money saved up its gonna cost me $2000 at the place im taking it to (btw if you live in near the costal side of south carolina lowcountry 4X4 best place to take it)

the dude I talked with there wants to get a 6 in spindle in the front and a 5 inch block in the back so it will sit high and be leveled out becasue if you look my truck is sotck at the moment in goes inward a little bit.

Heres another catch though the look im going for is like this. Now if this is only three inch then im fine casue im tryin to go as high as possible without skrewin stuff up but on the same note i want it to be atleast that high
Name:  truck001.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  17.3 KB

heres what my truck looks like now
Name:  MatthewsTruck002.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  63.8 KB

COMMENTS WOULD REALLY HELP

anything yall got to input would help me out. Should i go that route whats the word huh?
Old July 15th, 2010, 5:36 AM
CF Beginner

Im guessing it all depends on how you wanna sit in it.
Old July 15th, 2010, 10:40 AM
CF Beginner

as high as possible
Old July 15th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you want it as high as possible then get the 6 inch that guy was tellin you bout...especially if you have the money saved up already
Old July 15th, 2010, 11:41 PM
CF Beginner

alright yeah thanks guys ill post e up when i get it lifted casue itall look tight
Old July 16th, 2010, 1:17 AM
CF Active Member

Honestly, Matt, I would suggest that you leave it alone. If you want it to sit level, have the torsion bars turned up a little. I myself am in the Pee Dee of South Carolina, and I know these old body style trucks like ours are the craze, but $2000 for a look is just silly. Your truck is a 2WD, and a lift kit on a 2WD is, honestly, a waste of money, time, and effort.

That's just my opinion, of course. It's your truck, and you'll do with it what you want, but I feel that $2000 could be spent much more wisely.
Old July 18th, 2010, 9:24 AM
CF Active Member

i gotta agree with blindsight. but 2wd dont have torsion bars. 2wd trucks with 6" lifts just dont look right for one. i would suggest only about a 3" lift where you could get some good aftermarket wheels and tires on it. but hey, it is your truck and money so do as you please.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 2:03 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs up

yeah both yall are right 2 grand is a waste and lwocountry 4x4 will go down for a 3 in lift to mabye like $900. You think the 3 in will give it a nice look though?
Old July 23rd, 2010, 4:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A three inch on that body style will look sick...i gotta friend that has one with a 3 inch and i love it. Personally its them body styles that i love but the lift with rims and tires makes it look that much better
Old July 23rd, 2010, 5:34 PM
CF Active Member

You obviously intend on putting rims and beefy tires on it, and those will give you some 'lift' as well, as they will make your truck sit higher. I put bigger tires on my truck and it sits a good bit higher than it did beforehand.

In other words, a 3" kit @ 900 with some beefy tires will look a lot better than a 6" kit, especially on a 2wd. You can put that extra $1100 towards a set of sick rims or tires. =]

Quick Reply: about to lift my truck NEED HELP