Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Power steering hose help

Search this Thread

Old November 29th, 2013, 9:32 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power steering hose help

Blew a hose tonight pulling out of my driveway, pulled back in and looked at it best I could in the night. Looks like it came off of the metal tubes that is sticking up, has this happened to anyone and is it easy to fix? I looked on youtube for some help but didn't see anything. I'll check back tomorrow sometime on this, thanks matt
Old November 30th, 2013, 12:08 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

looks like it was my return hose, I clamped it back on filled the pump with new fluid but now it won't work at all? Do I need to bleed my system to get the fluid in the lines?
Old December 2nd, 2013, 3:32 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by gray gables
looks like it was my return hose, I clamped it back on filled the pump with new fluid but now it won't work at all? Do I need to bleed my system to get the fluid in the lines?
If it did not run totally dry it should work.After you top it up with fluid let the truck idle and turn the steering wheel slowly to the left and then to the right to remove he air. Do this a few time and the air should work itself out.

If this does not work,it might be it might be the pump itself. Was it whining before the hose blew? Does the oil smell burnt?

I would buy new return line just incase the one you have might be collapsed ,they are fairly cheap around 20-25 bucks and easy to install.