Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 10th, 2015, 12:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Problems after changing Master Window Switch on driver side 2011 Chevy Silverado LTZ

Search this Thread

Old January 3rd, 2014, 10:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems after changing Master Window Switch on driver side 2011 Chevy Silverado LTZ

Hello. I had problems with my heated seat and had to change the Master Door Window switch on the driver side. when i took the old switch out the the door chime was working. after a few moments it stopped working. the next day i got the new switch and installed it and the only thing it would turn on was the driver window. Locks didnt work from that door, passenger windows dont work from that door. i unhooked the battery for a few moments to see if it would fix it. Now im getting warning on my screen as in, service 4 wheel drive, service tire monitoring system, hood open (even though its closed) My seat wont move on the driver side.Blinkers dont work, Break lights stay on. i can turn the key on and the lights will come on but the switch to turn them off and to parking dont work they just stay on. Fog lights dont work. FOB key wont work. I have no clue what happened. anyone have any guidance on this?

2011 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ 5.3L V8 Crew Cab
Old April 11th, 2014, 10:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate to say it but you will have to take the truck to the dealer to have the switch programmed. I know it sounds weird but the switch is a pass thru for other "computers" in the vehicle. The drivers seat module is one of them along with the body control module. There are options that the dealer will have to set depending on the RPO codes of the vehicle build. Sorry for the bad news.
Old April 16th, 2014, 8:47 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi kevinryan87,

I’m sorry to hear that you experienced this with your vehicle. I am not properly trained to offer technical advice but if you decide to go the dealership route, I will be glad to reach out to them on your behalf. Please send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealership name if any further assistance is needed.

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old April 17th, 2014, 7:21 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

its not a switch, its the driver door module. Its part of a low speed computer network. As previously mentioned, it must be programmed by the dealer. Cost will be approx. 1hour labour.

Last edited by tech2; April 17th, 2014 at 7:24 AM.