Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Problems with windshield defrost ?

Search this Thread

Old October 30th, 2007, 7:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with windshield defrost ?

I am having problems with my 05 truck in that I cannot get the heat to blow anywhere other than the dash vents. I cannot get the heat to go to the defrost for the winshield of to blow down by the floor. I had this problem in my 95 Chev truck so I changed the dash controls for the heat and a/c and it fixed the problem. So I did the same with this 05 but it did not fix the problem. Any suggestions ?? Thanks Brent
Old October 31st, 2007, 11:13 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Problems with windshield defrost ?

change the filter behind the glove box, has to be teh 4th person this week to ask this question, not sure that is your problem, but if your fan is going and not air coming out, most likely it is...
Old October 31st, 2007, 1:37 PM
CF Beginner

I will try replacing the filter . It sounds like a simple fix, I hope that it works . Thanks Brent
Old October 31st, 2007, 2:16 PM
CF Beginner

How many screws are there to remove the filter ? I have removed 2 screws through the glove compartment door opening but the filter feels as though there are more screws holding. Do I need to remove the dash assembly or can this filter be removed through the glove compartment opening ??
Old October 31st, 2007, 2:32 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

should be pretty easy to get at if its there, your looking for a 'L' shaped box, right behind the glove box, if you dont see an 'L' shaped bos it dont have one, they stopped putting them in sometime around 04-05, so you may not have it....you will not have to remove any part of the dash to get it..

It cold be plugged down inside the dash as well, I have seen everything from a mouse nest, to a dead bird, to chicken stuffed down and blcok the vents.......
Old October 31st, 2007, 3:21 PM
CF Beginner

Apparently my vehicle does not have a cabin filter. I called my GM parts dept and they say there are no cabin filters on the 05's. So I guess I will remorgage the house and take to the chevy dealer to see if he can sort it out. Thanx Brent