Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Radio won't turn off after opening drivers door

Search this Thread

Old April 10th, 2011, 5:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Radio won't turn off after opening drivers door

I just put a set of DL3 mirrors and the new power fold switch on my 2006 Silverado and every thing worked great but now when I open the drivers door the radio won't shut off nor will the interior lights come on, the passenger door does what its suppose to and everything worked fine before the mirror conversion so do I still need to have BCM flashed? I'm thinking I do, has anyone out there had a similar problem? if so can you give me some help on what action to take?
Many Thanks, Slipree

Last edited by slipree; April 10th, 2011 at 5:55 PM. Reason: spelling
Old April 10th, 2011, 8:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

do you have access a scan tool that can monitor bcm data? the door switch is the input to the bcm that controls the radio and interior lights. this is all done through CAN communication data lines. Check for communication codes or u codes and check that the bcm is seeing the door switch data.

Is it possible that a connector in the door got left disconnected?
Old April 10th, 2011, 8:56 PM
CF Beginner

Well I don't think anything got left unplugged I'll have to check it and see, On some of the other forums I have read about this but nobody has offered a solution, I was hoping to stay away from the dealer but may have no choice, I just want everything to work correctly with the factory look. I also have no chimes with the key in the ignition and the door open, I'm thinking the BCM doesn't recognize this new switch? I was hoping someone out there had dealt with this and got it resolved
Old April 10th, 2011, 8:58 PM
CF Beginner

To answer your question (sorry I got carried away) I do not have access to a scan tool