Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

rattle / vibration on 2013 Silverado

Search this Thread

Old March 24th, 2013, 11:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rattle / vibration on 2013 Silverado

driving down the road at speed or when a gusty cross wind come accross the hood ? of the truck, i get this tapping sound, i tightened the antenna ruled out the windshield wiper and still here i sit with a brand new truck with this terrible noise at 65mph. anyone ever fix this issue? Thanks Fellas
Old March 25th, 2013, 9:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

the trim on the a-pillar that seats on the windshield can vibrate during a crosswind. The fix is to secure the underside of it with 2 sided tape.

Why, why, why are you not taking this for warranty repair?
Old March 25th, 2013, 1:28 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by rob06
driving down the road at speed or when a gusty cross wind come accross the hood ? of the truck, i get this tapping sound, i tightened the antenna ruled out the windshield wiper and still here i sit with a brand new truck with this terrible noise at 65mph. anyone ever fix this issue? Thanks Fellas
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> rob06,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Silverado vehicle. I also recommend taking the vehicle in to your local dealer for an inspection. They will be able to offer more information after do so.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old March 25th, 2013, 2:40 PM
CF Beginner

lol, good question Tech2, shes going in on monday for the fix, they said the same thing you did, trim rattling,thanks all!
Old March 25th, 2013, 2:49 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Only reason I looked at this thread was 2013 model with an issue. As tech2 says why don't you take it to the dealer, thats why I am posting the same.
Old April 1st, 2013, 10:20 PM
CF Beginner

Fixed, you guys were right, two sided tape and abt 20 min. Thanks
reason for askin the question, i like to have some idea of what to expect, i guess i need to remember im not driving my Dakota anymore and everythings covered as of now....lol

Last edited by rob06; April 1st, 2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old April 1st, 2013, 11:03 PM
CF Beginner

I test drove a 2013 4x4 Z71 and it had the same vibration as the my 2012 not sure if it is a Z71 issue but mine started about 4000k miles and has been in the shop several times currently working with the BBB after the dealer said they knows it has a vibration but can't find it the last time the dealer said they were looking into buying a new vibration machine that was over a month ago this is unacceptable just pay close attention to the shifting and vibration with your 2013's

2012 Silverado
US ARMY
Old May 15th, 2013, 9:26 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 2012 Silverado
I test drove a 2013 4x4 Z71 and it had the same vibration as the my 2012 not sure if it is a Z71 issue but mine started about 4000k miles and has been in the shop several times currently working with the BBB after the dealer said they knows it has a vibration but can't find it the last time the dealer said they were looking into buying a new vibration machine that was over a month ago this is unacceptable just pay close attention to the shifting and vibration with your 2013's

2012 Silverado
US ARMY

2012 Silverado,

I would like to look into your situation further. I am sorry you are having this concern with your vehicle. Can you please private message me your name, address, phone number, name of your GM dealership, and case number? I look forward to your response.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old June 6th, 2013, 7:18 PM
CF Beginner

My 2012 HD 2500 is going back to the shop for its second drive shaft replacement. Its been in the dealership at least 4 times for the vibration at high sppeds. They replaced a total 4 tires and still didn;t resolved the issue. After filing a complaint with chevy, the dealership order a part for there balancing machine for the 20" tires. It still is not resolved and the complaint dept. was sastifed that it was fixed and closed the case. I will have them replaced the drive shaft that keeps making a poping/cracking noise and complain about the vibration again. My next truck will not be a Chevy.
Old June 7th, 2013, 7:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Weed
My 2012 HD 2500 is going back to the shop for its second drive shaft replacement. Its been in the dealership at least 4 times for the vibration at high sppeds. They replaced a total 4 tires and still didn;t resolved the issue. After filing a complaint with chevy, the dealership order a part for there balancing machine for the 20" tires. It still is not resolved and the complaint dept. was sastifed that it was fixed and closed the case. I will have them replaced the drive shaft that keeps making a poping/cracking noise and complain about the vibration again. My next truck will not be a Chevy.
the 20" rims are not factory correct? Don't think they have a 20"rim option for a 2500. If you don't have hub centering rings for aftermarket rims, the thing will have a death shake for sure.

Quick Reply: rattle / vibration on 2013 Silverado