Service airbag light and message. - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Service airbag light and message.

CF Beginner

December 30th, 2010, 8:12 PM   #1  
Service airbag light and message.

As of yesterday i had the message(service air bag) and the dummy light come on.So,what i am wondering where i start first.I have an aftermarket warranty but might not cover air bag stuff.So i am trying to figure it out myself so i dont end up with a big dealer ship bill..Thanks for any info.

CF Beginner

December 31st, 2010, 11:08 AM   #2  
Posted By: boychevy As of yesterday i had the message(service air bag) and the dummy light come on.So,what i am wondering where i start first.I have an aftermarket warranty but might not cover air bag stuff.So i am trying to figure it out myself so i dont end up with a big dealer ship bill..Thanks for any info.
Any ideas anyone..

CF Beginner

January 3rd, 2011, 9:41 AM   #3  
Posted By: boychevy Any ideas anyone..
Anyone????????

CF Beginner

January 6th, 2011, 10:26 AM   #4  
Posted By: boychevy Anyone????????
Still dont have any ideas yet,,,I have not put on the computer because i dont have one..Just want to know if anyone else had this problem and what the fix was???? Before i bring in the shop and get soaked...

CF Junior Member

Minnesota

January 24th, 2011, 10:08 PM   #5  
I had that error message but had to take it to the dealer to find out where the problem was. They told me it was the front right sensor.

Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Bowie, MD

January 24th, 2011, 10:45 PM   #6  
Air Bag work needs to be done by someone who has experience with them. The testing requires special tools.

CF Beginner

January 25th, 2011, 9:12 AM   #7  
Posted By: jla74 I had that error message but had to take it to the dealer to find out where the problem was. They told me it was the front right sensor.
Hey JLA74,,,was that covered under your warranty??If not how much did it run you to get it fixed at the dealer if you dont mind....Cause the truck goes in on monday at the dealer...Thanks for the help guys...

CF Beginner

Illinois

January 28th, 2011, 6:00 PM   #8  
Just recently, I heard what sounded like a little nut fall off inside my steering wheel. Next time I started my truck the service air bag light came on. I'm afraid to get it fixed because I don't know what they will charge. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.

CF Beginner

July 11th, 2013, 10:56 PM   #9  
2008 silverdo..43,000 miles..service air bag light came on for no reason...after 2 calls to gm they desided to scan it for free...so why did they deside to do that..unless its a real proublen they would like to know about

CF Beginner

July 30th, 2013, 3:21 AM   #10  
Had this on my 2005 Silverado. Bought aftermarket Dorman airbag sensor from amazon for little over 50 dollars. Disconnect battery waited 20 minutes then swapped front right sensor under bumper. 20 minute job and no more airbag light

Tags
Search this Thread
Sponsors