Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Service Stabilitrack

Search this Thread

Old June 23rd, 2008, 10:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Stabilitrack

Ok I have a 2007 NBS Silverado Crewcab 4x4 5.3L. I bought the truck March 07 and it how has 36K miles on it. About December 07' time frame I bought an Edge Programmer for it. At the time I lived in Arizona and was traveling from Arizona to Southern Oregon. I had the device set to economy mode. I got to Stockton area and my truck freaked out, doors unlocked themselves and then lock themselves again and then the Service Stabilitrack came on. There were to DTC's reported except to service Stabilitrack. Ever since then the service Stabilitrack message would appear while driving. Sometime in the March time frame the dealer in Mesa, AZ replaced the Stabilitrack Control Unit and that seemed to resolve the issue for a few months. At that time the dealership stated that I could use the Edge Programmer as it would not do anything adverse to the truck and does not even talk to the Stabilitrack system which is what Edge Technical support stated as well. So a few months go by no issues and then it starts up again. I finally get the time and ability to take to dealership with the service Stabilitrack light on and they say it is a sensor issue. But now the Dealership is in St. Helens OR where I moved to for work. That was last week. Wife drove it off the lot and down to my work to have lunch with me. She got about 5 miles away from the dealership and the light came on again. Wife took it back to dealership and they said take off the programmer completely. I do not know if it has anything to do with it but I am getting engine feed back from onstar system which they are blaming on cell tower location and as they stated it is a digital system there is not engine feed back. So a digital system on analog power???? But if there is a bad ground you will get engine feed back noise and depending on what systems depend on the ground that could lead to other systems having possible issues. So if anyone can think of anything that is in regards to the Stabilitrack or the onstar engine noise feed back please let me know.

thanks
ed
Old June 30th, 2008, 2:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Service Stabilitrack

my service stabilitrak will come on and off every few months and then turn back off whenever i turn the truck off