Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

shock help needed asap!!

Search this Thread

Old March 10th, 2013, 12:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default shock help needed asap!!

ok guys. im new to the site but i have an 02 silverado. just put a torsion key lift and blocks on it, along with 35" toyo mud terrains. took it to the fair today and raced the mud boggs.(and i got first in the stock class!!! $120 purse btw) after my 3rd and final pass my truck was no longer lifted. i put new shocks on it last weekend after i blew them out so i know what blown out shocks feel like. but driving it home from the fair it still had alot of cushion...it actually rode better than it did on the way to the bogs. but i couldnt turn very well because the tires were rubbing. i got home and got under the truck and torsion bars are still in good condition along with the keys, and control arms...but it looks like the shocks are compressed and they wont come up. wtf is wrong with my truck and where did my lift go? please help....i need to get this fixed by monday. thanks
Old March 10th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Torsion bars may be good but did you break a torsion key? Seen it done to my buddies truck and the whole front suspension just collapses on the side that broke
Old March 10th, 2013, 9:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by country_09
Torsion bars may be good but did you break a torsion key? Seen it done to my buddies truck and the whole front suspension just collapses on the side that broke
no. the keys are good still. i spent six hours under my truck today with a pressure washer after i installed new rancho shocks. the truck came up about 2 inches after i got most of the mud off the front end. i honestly think everything is just so muddy that its weighing the front down so much. i did get under there and crank on the keys a little bit because they were all the way down and the bolt that pushes they key up snapped in half. but i didnt think it was possible for mud to bring the suspension down so far that my tires would rub the inside of the wheel well. i still dont know how to bring it up the rest of the way though