Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Shut off and hard re-start

Old January 25th, 2014, 12:44 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shut off and hard re-start

So I drive a 1996 c1500, 5.7, 2wd. The other day it was pretty hard to start, it was turning over but wouldn't actually crank up. It only did it the one time and then it was fine for a few days and I didn't think much of it, even though it bothered me.. Well today I went and started it, started right up. Then I put it in drive and it just died. When I went to start it back up again it did the same thing as the other day, only it took longer for me to actually get started up. Once I got going it revved up a little on its own while I was riding down the road. After a minute or two it was all good, but I want to fix whatever is making it happen.
New parts are fuel pump/filter, tps, brake booster/master cylinder, a few other bits like that. I'm not really sure what to look for, if it happened just the one time I would've thought maybe my battery was going, but since I got it started, then it died and then was hard to get started again that doesn't seem to make much sense.
Any ideas are appreciated. ALSO thanks for the feedback on my last thread. The booster did have a leak and that's what was screwing all that up. Hopefully that has nothing to do with this problem.