Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

'04 Silverado Manual Dual Climate Control working backwards

Old December 19th, 2023, 8:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '04 Silverado Manual Dual Climate Control working backwards

I recently inherited my dad's 04 Silverado Z71 Off-Road with only 115,000 miles on it. Overall the truck is in great condition, but a few bulbs were out in the radio, climate control, & instrument cluster. I sent them out to have the lights repaired and upgraded to LED lighting. All has been working quite well until this week when the heat controls have gone a bit haywire.

The fan works on all settings, and the diverter control is also working to send air to the appropriate vents. The problem is now I get heat when set on the cold setting, and the higher up I turn the controls, the colder the air gets. When I turn on the A/C, I need to slide the controls to the hottest setting to get the cold air. I purchased a second hand one at the salvage yard and it presents the same issues.

I looked at purchasing a new switch but I do see some feedback on the Dorman replacements that they either have a short life, or they can also develop this same issue of the slides working in the wrong direction.

Anyone have an idea of what I need to do to bring it back to normal?

Thank you