Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Silverado 2015 High Country never again

Search this Thread

Old March 20th, 2015, 5:37 PM
D4S
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Silverado 2015 High Country never again

89 Scottsdale, sorry to make such an egregious blunder and submitted my very first post to the wrong forum. I have withdrawn the post and will never post again. I hope you have a nice day!

Last edited by D4S; April 8th, 2015 at 6:20 AM.
Old March 21st, 2015, 11:27 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, there are always a few lemons in every production run of any product. See if you can't get a resolve about having them trade you up for another ride. See what your rights and such are according to your state's lemon laws. I have to admit, I have learned to loath dealers, irregardless of brand. I use them only to buy a product and if it needs warranty work, which hasn't happened for over 3 decades to me, including Ford, Jeep, and Chevy.
Old March 25th, 2015, 12:06 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your going to come here and bitch about your bad experience, and tell us how amazing a Found on road dead is, your just making an A** out of yourself. Come on. if its under warranty, trade it in or get it fixed. ive been a dodge owner my whole life. good trucks. i bought a 2003 chevy with 120K miles and to be honest i yet to see a truck this old with this many miles go 6K miles without needing the oil topped off. not to mention it rides and feels like a new truck. Im not here to bad mouth ford, ive never owned one, or plan to, but they, along with the 50 other brands have issues. so take your drama elsewhere
Old March 25th, 2015, 12:38 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

...he got a free screwdriver!
Old March 25th, 2015, 2:05 AM
CF Junior Member

I have no problem with someone getting on this or any other forum and venting about a bad experience with their ride. Frankly, I invented new swear words over my 2013 1500 LT Z71 also. Didn't have a lot of major problems like the OP, but there was enough stuff to make me less than a satisfied customer. I finally couldn't take it anymore, so I dumped it and moved up to a 2015 2500HD LT Z71. Totally different experience. While I could never grow fond of the 1500, the 2500HD has been a real pleasure. And that has nothing to do with the creature comforts inside either. Just a rock solid, well built, good operating pickup. The 6L90 trans is programmed way better than the 6L80 in the 1500 series. The 6.0 is just about the most durable, reliable motor in the GM stable now. And none of the goofy AFM cylinder shutdown nonsense. And I only gave up 1 mpg average. It operates and shifts much better on the rolling hills, two lane highways, gravel roads, etc that I spend most of the time on. The 1500 was only concerned with mpg, so it wanted to gear search all the time and in trying to be so "green" and fuel efficient, it was defeating the purpose altogether. Might be an ok thing for the freeway driver, but not in rural farm country. The 2500 does a much better job and doesn't play all those games.

That 1 mpg difference between these two pickups may disappear. My 2013 1500 averaged roughly 14 mpg for all miles over the 24,000 I had it. The 2015 2500 has averaged 13 mpg for all miles thus far. And that is on E15 winter fuel only. When we start getting regular summer fuel, the average should come up on the 2500 and at least tie with the 1500. Not bad for a bigger motor and much bulkier pickup.

Given the way that GM has tackled the 1500 series builds and made them basically a commuter car on steroids, I would be the first to admit I would not line up to buy a GM 1500 series pickup ever again. But each of us has our likes and dislikes, so there are choices. Some like the 1500, some don't. Doesn't make either group right or wrong. But when things are screwed up, they need to be voiced.

Last edited by Cowpie; March 25th, 2015 at 2:13 AM.
Old March 25th, 2015, 7:26 AM
Super Moderator

...but why here; because it says Chevrolet at the top? This is a repair forum...well it used to be. Why should members be subjected to ranters who are here for 1 or 2 posts of rage. All the more reason for a rant section. I used to try to help the ranters but its impossible. For the most part, I ignore them.

Every 2500 series truck for every brand is a better built product that the 1500's.

Last edited by tech2; March 25th, 2015 at 7:31 AM.
Old March 25th, 2015, 7:04 PM
CF Senior Member

Now, if I could get a pickup that had the Silverado body and small-block OHV V8 engine choices + a Ford suspension and interior. That'd be my ideal truck!

Still driving my 2004 Silverado with 120,000 miles on it (third owner - had it more than five years now) and it is decent for its age and mileage. I sure as hell can't afford a new truck, but I honestly don't need one.

I have a 2015 Nissan Altima that is my "nice" ride and a 2002 Nissan Sentra that is my beater (and will be handed down to my teenage son in the near future). The truck is for weekend hauling, etc., etc., and I keep it in very good shape.
Old March 25th, 2015, 7:06 PM
CF Senior Member

By the way, I went to the auto show last weekend and got to see and sit in a brand-new 2015 Silverado "High Country" 1500. What a pretty truck!

That is obviously the GM answer to Ford's "King Ranch" package for their F-Series trucks. Trying to choose between them would be pretty tough; that is for sure.

Dodge also has a "Big Horn" version of the Ram -- so I guess there is something for everyone.

'Murica!!
Old March 26th, 2015, 6:40 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by tech2
...but why here; because it says Chevrolet at the top? This is a repair forum...well it used to be. Why should members be subjected to ranters who are here for 1 or 2 posts of rage. All the more reason for a rant section. I used to try to help the ranters but its impossible. For the most part, I ignore them.

Every 2500 series truck for every brand is a better built product that the 1500's.

Well, I didn't realize this was the First Church of the Bowtie and we were all to bring our prayers and offerings to the GM gods. Look. GM also frequents many forums like this one as well. They want to see what is on the minds of buyers occasionally. And what better place to pitch a fit? Generally, I just let anyone rant all they want. If you ignore it, they will get it off their chest and you won't hear anymore about it. Sometimes people just need to vent. Sure there are trolls who like to stir the pot, but it doesn't take long to figure out who they are. Besides, when I was in the Army back in the day... we were always told a bitching troop is a happy troop.

But that being said, there is no perfect truck being put out by the OEM's. They each have their particular pros and cons. Until we can spec out a truck like I can my semi trucks, right down the brand of wheel seals, we each will have little issues that we will bellyache about from time to time. Frankly I would dearly love to have the good 'ol reliable 454 big block instead of these small block options. Better yet, if my 6.0L V8 was a 6.0L inline 6. Inlines generally have better low end torque than V8's, as well as easier to work on and simpler in design. If GM were to go the turbocharging route in the future, a turbocharged inline is far less complicated and lower cost to produce. But I don't ever see GM getting that smart. Ever wonder why there are no V motors in semi trucks? They tried, but the results were not stellar. I can find a lot to pitch a fit about any model from any brand out there if I put my mind to it. But it is usually unproductive, so I deal with what is available.

Just let the poster get it off his chest. he will either deal with it or trade it off for something else.

Last edited by Cowpie; March 26th, 2015 at 6:50 AM.
Old March 26th, 2015, 7:58 AM
Super Moderator

Default my rant

gm customer service do offer the same one liner which is really no help...take it to a dealer. What is posted on this forum has zero impact on gm operations. They are going to do the best they can regardless...like any company would.

Some ranters have valid complaints. When someone posts about interior trim; (fixed under warranty) sorry, does not make the truck a lemon. Others think they should get warranty for life because others posted the same problem. 3years 36000, its black an white

There is a ld truck for you if you want a inline. yes they are easy to work on. inline 6 cyl gassers couldn't meet emission standards, that's why they stopped making them.

Last edited by tech2; March 26th, 2015 at 8:24 PM. Reason: added word...service

Quick Reply: Silverado 2015 High Country never again