Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Silverado NAV Question

Search this Thread

Old November 29th, 2011, 9:04 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silverado NAV Question

I have a 2007 Silverado LTZ. I have the factory Bose stereo, onstar, and XM Radio with steering wheel controls. I recently bought a OEM Factory NAV screen off of ebay. You can check out link..OEM FACTORY CHEVROLET SUBURBAN TAHOE AVALANCHE SILVERADO SIERRA NAVIGATION 06-10 | eBay. I was going to upgrade my factory stereo so I would be able to have the touch screen, NAV, bluetooth, DVD, and eventually the rear backup camera. Can anyone give me instructions on how to install this and what other items I would need to purchase to make the NAV, and backup camera work properly? I also read somewhere that you have to unlock the unit to make it work. Has anybody attempted this on their trucks? I would appreciate all comments and feedback. I really want to screen and these options in my truck. I've even thought about buying a new one but didn't want to spend the money just to have these options so I thought I would do them myself. Thanks guys.
Old November 29th, 2011, 9:46 AM
CF Beginner

There should be a S/N on top or back of the unit. If you do need a code of it just call the dealer and give them the number and they will be able to supply the code for you.

Power it up befor you install it, just to make sure
1) It works.
2) If you need a code or not.

As far as the plug and play I am not to sure on that. Hopefully someone else here will be able to pick that up for you.
Old December 25th, 2011, 11:03 PM
CF Beginner

Default Follow up

Dealer will have to hook up to reprogram unit. Takes about 5 minutes.
Old January 4th, 2012, 12:30 PM
CF Beginner

I have almost the exact same setup and i want to install a backup cam. I already have a camera to install but its not the oem cam. I have been reading a lil about a way to get a female RCA cable, and plug it into certain pins on the radio. Does anyone know anything about this?