Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Silverado Scratches? HELP!

Search this Thread

Old February 23rd, 2012, 9:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silverado Scratches? HELP!

Hey guys, i'm 16 and i just got my first truck about a week ago. It's a 2007 Silverado extended cab. As i was reversing out of my garage, the tail end of my truck rubbed against a stucco column. As you can see, it got it pretty good. I was wondering if i took it to a paint & body shop, how much would they charge me to buff it? And is it even buffable? If not, what would they do and how much would they charge? Thanks again! And you guys don't gotta tell me, i feel like a dumbass!
EDIT: Image isnt working so here's the link: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/img9395p.jpg/
Old February 23rd, 2012, 9:37 PM
CF Active Member

Wow thats a pretty good scratch, dont feel dumb first truck i got was an 84 nissan pick up and i poped the clutch and thought i was in reverse i was in forth and i jumped that truck right into dads boat. my first week was spent replacing a radiator and patching the boat. However i dont know if they will be able to buff that out if you have a mako near by they do a deal every so often and its like 300 bucks for a paint job an auto body place should be able to do it for around 150 for just that spot. remember auto body/painters are like gypsies they love to haggle let me know what you figure out though and sorry about your new truck but thats usually about how it works
Old February 23rd, 2012, 9:42 PM
CF Beginner

Yeah, it's pretty bad. Well, it looks bad. All of that white is the stucco. I found that i was able to rub a lot of it off with a wet rag. It's not dented at all which i think is good. I just spent $17000 on it so i'm pretty pissed off about this. I'm hoping that they'll be able to make it look how it did originally.
Old February 24th, 2012, 8:46 PM
CF Active Member

Ya for sure thats a nice truck and for 17000 id want it to not have anyscratches if it wasnt so nice id suggest model paint but for a newer truck id have an expeirenced person do it like i said if you have a mako close id suggest them i have to drive over 100 miles to get mine painted but its worth it to take it to a place that backs there work
Old February 24th, 2012, 9:23 PM
CF Beginner

If the scratches are too deep they will have to blend the area and clear the whole panel which will also require a new decal. I just bought some Dupont Red Jewel Tintcoat for a 2011 SS Camaro and it was $100 for a pint without the basemaker. I'd say expect $300-$500 for the fix if it can't be buffed.
Old February 24th, 2012, 10:53 PM
CF Junior Member

Take your truck by a couple of detail shops and see what they could do about your
scrape/scuff marks. They will most likely be able to take care of it.

Good luck,
Old February 28th, 2012, 4:18 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow.. It happens bro, my first car was a 1971 Chevy Nova and a couple weeks after i got it painted i put a nasty dent and scratch on the driver door. I was sad and to tell you the truth i almost cried. Keep in mind i was only 15. lol. Ok so on that whole driving around to different body shops i suggest doing that. I went all over with my 2004 Silverado Crew Cab and the most expencive was about 5 thousand dollars to get the whole thing painted. I went to a shop by where i usto live and they are currently doing it for 11 hundred. and they are pretty much doing a custom job by painting my bumpers and grill, fender rolling and smoking my head lights and tail lights. The people that wanted to charge me 5k were only going to everything by stock specs. no tinting of the tail lights or painting bumpers..
Old June 2nd, 2012, 10:19 PM
CF Beginner

DOOD! That is pretty wicked bad. I dont know if it will help but when i scratched my car last winter, i tried this stuff called black diamond clear, and it made it look awesome. if you want to check it out, here is the site where its at. BlackDiamondClear — Welcome Let me know if it helps =)
Old June 2nd, 2012, 10:55 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't paint save money just get wheel trim