Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Silverado Wierd Noises

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2012, 12:29 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silverado Wierd Noises

I dont know if anyone else is having some wierd noises here and there with there truck but lately I am starting to notice more and more. My passenger window goes up very slowly and squeeks like you wouldnt believe when it goes up or down. Also when I am driving it sounds like my windshield is rattling, when you hear the sound it sounds like wires being blown all over the place and hitting things, kind of like a mouse sound and its extremely annoying. There are more im sure that I cant think of right now but just let me know if anyone knows what these are or what they think it is.
Old May 8th, 2012, 10:02 PM
CF Junior Member

Windshield noise ,do you have a bug shield on the truck ? If you do glue down the side moldings on the windshield and across the top glue it to the cab . Tape off and run some sealer around under the edges. Side window is either the seal strips or the run channel ,spray some glass cleaner on the seal strips inside and out and operate them. If the sound stops replce the seal strips if it is still there it is most likely the run channel and will need to be replaced . Check your window regulator to make sure the window goes down square, if not this will cause the run to wear and start scrubbing. It may need replacing also. Hope this helps some.
Old May 9th, 2012, 11:14 AM
CF Beginner

Thank-you spongjim5 I have been listening to this annoying sound for11 years. I siliconed the side strips of windshield, noise gone. The dealer when new couldn;t figure this out?
Old May 9th, 2012, 11:19 AM
CF Junior Member

Your welcome . I worked as a GM dealership trim man for 24 years ,so I have seen alot of these knid of issues.

Jim