Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Silverado Windshield Wiper Switch replacement

Old May 17th, 2008, 12:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silverado Windshield Wiper Switch replacement

I am trying to replace the Windshield Wiper Switch in my 91 Silverado 2500, I have it taken apart down to removing the turn signal lever from the Windshield Wiper Switch itself.I've gotten the Chilton's Full-sized truck manual from the library, it talks about everything in the steering column exept removing the turn signal lever from the switch. Is there anyone out there that can help?

Thanks
PatinDenver
Old May 17th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Silverado Windshield Wiper Switch replacement

Welcome to the forum!!! Someone here should be able to help, I'm notsure you can just replace the switch, I think the whole thing needs to be replace, but again I'm not sure.
Old May 17th, 2008, 7:11 AM
CF Beginner

You have to replace the whole lever peice. It should use a screw at the base to hold it to the turn signial cam.
Old May 19th, 2008, 9:53 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Its been a while since i've last done one, but i believe the lever is held on with a screw, then the hazard button below i believe has to come off, and then if you move the switch one way, there will be a hidden screw, then the other way to reveal another hidden screw. When you're ready to pull the wires up the steering column, attach a piece of mechanics wire to it and pull the wire up the column. Then attach the wire to the new switch wires and pull it down. It can be kind of tricky but a little patience goes a long way.
Old August 6th, 2009, 9:14 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hows come you are replacing the switch?, never had any problems with those, only the circuit board on the motor, when that shells out they only work on high, btw i absolutely hate doing column work but have replaced them before so you should be ok, its not as hard as it sounds just be patient